Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a load of bollocks. The "scouting" department has provided a steady stream of over 300m worth of sales, half of which are from players who haven't ever stepped foot in Manchester.

Backed that up with providing analysis and reports on players we have bought that has turned us into the most dominant team in England.

If anything we are masters of not going for the "a list" players, we instead buy those who actually suit what we are trying to achieve and that is what has made us successful.
I did acknowledge the academy is making plenty of money but not 1 of the 100s of players have established themselves in our first team. It’s all good making money from player sales and it helps keep us in the black, but with all the scouting across multiple clubs and continents we have not unearthed a superstar.

We have tried to sign plenty of big name players only my to miss out due to the transfer fee or player wages. Sanchez, Kane, Ronaldo, Haaland to name a few. All A list at the time.

I did acknowledge the academy is making plenty of money but not 1 of the 100s of players have established themselves in our first team. It’s all good making money from player sales and it helps keep us in the black, but with all the scouting across multiple clubs and continents we have not unearthed a superstar.

We have tried to sign plenty of big name players only my to miss out due to the transfer fee or player wages. Sanchez, Kane, Ronaldo, Haaland to name a few. All A list at the time.
They aren't there to be unearthed. You can't magic up superstars.

We put an offer on the table of our value and they rejected it. We then move on to our next target who ends up being the better player and gives us years of service.

We don't get taken to the cleaners like PSG and the rags just to prove a point.

Agree. Instead of looking desperate and failing to land the A list players. Where is our next Kun? Is this not 1 of the reasons we have bought so many clubs?

The academy is paying for itself but we have no real scouting department. Release clause or no deal is wearing a tad thin. Sane was a gem.

The club has taken its eye of certain departments. The media and scouting are not up to standard.
Aguero wasn't some hidden gem, he was absolutely A list. He played with Torres and then Forlan, scored against Barcelona and Chelsea, won a Europa League, and was a top goal scorer in Europe when he came to us. He just entered a market where Madrid's and Barcelona's forward lines were absurdly good (Messi, Villa, Sanchez, Ronaldo, Benzema etc), and a league where Drogba, Torres, van Persie, Rooney, Berbatov and Suarez were knocking around the then "big four". He was like Silva, the timing was perfect because the big Spanish two didn't need him, but would have snapped him up in a second a couple of years before or after. The market is totally different now, unfortunately for us, as there are fewer world class strikers.

Last edited:
Aguero wasn't some hidden gem, he was absolutely A list. He played with Torres and then Forlan, scored against Barcelona and Chelsea, won a Europa League, and was a top goal scorer in Europe when he came to us. He just entered a market where Madrid's and Barcelona's forward lines were absurdly good (Messi, Villa, Sanchez, Ronaldo, Benzema etc), and a league where Drogba, Torres, van Persie, Rooney, Berbatov and Suarez were knocking around the then "big four". He was like Silva, the timing was perfect because the big Spanish two didn't need him, but would have snapped him up in a second a couple of years before or after. The market is totally different now, unfortunately for us, as there are fewer world class strikers.

Just wish we'd flex our massive financial bollocks with Haaland.

He like Aguero isn't a hidden gem as you say but it'd be a massive statement if we got him, exactly like it was with Serge!

He like Aguero isn't a hidden gem as you say but it'd be a massive statement if we got him, exactly like it was with Serge!
Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we went out and got him, and you're right I think it would be a statement signing. But I suppose the wider point I'm trying to make is that when we signed Aguero there weren't many clubs who were seriously interested in him, could also afford him, and where he was likely to get first choice football. Even the fact that Atletico were able to let him out of his contract and replace him with Falcao is testament to how different the market was then. Haaland is on a market where there is a serious lack of genuine world class out and out strikers, and several clubs in fairly desperate need of one, which makes things a lot more complicated for everyone.

I agree with the first sentence, but i think the statement and impact would be a lot bigger than when Sergio signed.

Back then we weren't yet considered a threat by other clubs, fans and the media.

We are one of the best teams on the planet now and if we got Haaland all the other clubs, fans and hacks in the media would collectively shit their pants knowing we just went to another level!

100 m + Sterling to cement it

What a load of bollocks. The "scouting" department has provided a steady stream of over 300m worth of sales, half of which are from players who haven't ever stepped foot in Manchester.

Backed that up with providing analysis and reports on players we have bought that has turned us into the most dominant team in England.

If anything we are masters of not going for the "a list" players, we instead buy those who actually suit what we are trying to achieve and that is what has made us successful.
Spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.