Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time City did that?

Torres and Jesus maybe but wouldn't call them gems.
Agree. Instead of looking desperate and failing to land the A list players. Where is our next Kun? Is this not 1 of the reasons we have bought so many clubs?

The academy is paying for itself but we have no real scouting department. Release clause or no deal is wearing a tad thin. Sane was a gem.

The club has taken its eye of certain departments. The media and scouting are not up to standard.

Agree. Instead of looking desperate and failing to land the A list players. Where is our next Kun? Is this not 1 of the reasons we have bought so many clubs?

The academy is paying for itself but we have no real scouting department. Release clause or no deal is wearing but thin. Sane was a gem.

The club has taken its eye of certain departments. The media and scouting are abysmal.
supporter services too.

I think the answer is in your post. We fought for KdB when we knew he would be a total game changer. Did we ever give up on a player that would be a game changer? We may have turned away when there were similar alternatives

I do not believe for one second he will end up at Madrid. They had money to make an offer for Mbappe that would have taken Haaland out of Dortmund easily. They have Benzema who still has many years in him in top form. And I don’t believe for one second Mino and Alfie want him sharing the spotlight with Mbappe. He will want to go to a team that will allow him to get the best numbers without sharing. The example I posted awhile back was: imagine Ronaldo had left United to go to Barcelona instead of Madrid, and had to share everything with Messi. Would he still have built the same career and status? Highly doubt it. The rivalry benefitted both, and father and agent understand these are the stars of this decade and would also benefit from competing apart. Also, La Liga is now decadent and the PL is much more competitive and where most great players are at. The only scenario in which I could see him at Madrid is if Mbappe decided to stay at PSG. But even then, there’s the Benzema factor. They would probably be in need of a Pogba more.
If Haaland was watching the game tonight (he wasn’t as Dortmund were playing, I know!) he would know no other top team needs him as much as us.
But this thread is just the worst when people insist he is Madrid or United bound without giving much thought
I tend to share your sentiment on Haaland to Madrid, I remember Mino was quoted a few weeks back talking about how Madrid could afford both, but it seemed more of a way to drum up the media as to where he would be going and to get the Madrid media talking.

I can't see either Mbappe or Haaland wanting to share the spotlight, especially after Mbappe has had to tolerate Neymar's circus and him hogging to spotlight, and now with Messi there, he's essentially the Edinson Cavani of that squad in terms of the spotlight. Same for Haaland, if they are trying to make him the biggest superstar alongside Mbappe, you take him to England and one of the big clubs there, out of the big clubs here, I would agree we would be the most appealing, the only real threat, in my opinion, is do PSG or Bayern try and snatch him up.

I tend to share your sentiment on Haaland to Madrid, I remember Mino was quoted a few weeks back talking about how Madrid could afford both, but it seemed more of a way to drum up the media as to where he would be going and to get the Madrid media talking.

I can't see either Mbappe or Haaland wanting to share the spotlight, especially after Mbappe has had to tolerate Neymar's circus and him hogging to spotlight, and now with Messi there, he's essentially the Edinson Cavani of that squad in terms of the spotlight. Same for Haaland, if they are trying to make him the biggest superstar alongside Mbappe, you take him to England and one of the big clubs there, out of the big clubs here, I would agree we would be the most appealing, the only real threat, in my opinion, is do PSG or Bayern try and snatch him up.
really doubt haaland and mbappe will choose their next team based on what the other one is doing. theyre elite players ready to compete and win trophies.

do PSG or Bayern try and snatch him up.
PSG is totally a non factor for me. He wouldn’t go there for all the money in the world. Bayern who knows, but they leaked some stuff a month or so ago to their mouthpieces that makes me think they’ve already given up

The academy is paying for itself but we have no real scouting department. Release clause or no deal is wearing a tad thin. Sane was a gem.

The club has taken its eye of certain departments. The media and scouting are not up to standard.

I don't think it's fair to consider Kun a gem discovered by the scouting department. He was one of the top strikers in Europe and was leading the line for Atletico. The other strikers they've had since have also been at the top of the game: Griezmann, Falcao, Costa, Forlan, Suarez. Haaland is probably the closest equivalent today in terms of status, to Kun when City signed him.

What a load of bollocks. The "scouting" department has provided a steady stream of over 300m worth of sales, half of which are from players who haven't ever stepped foot in Manchester.

Backed that up with providing analysis and reports on players we have bought that has turned us into the most dominant team in England.

If anything we are masters of not going for the "a list" players, we instead buy those who actually suit what we are trying to achieve and that is what has made us successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.