Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, we saw this summer with the £170m offer for a player who is free in 12 months time, that rationality has again left the building, seemingly.
I already posted here that some Madrid fans I know believe that was bullshit. If you followed the news, it actually said they ended up making a final offer that was higher than that. They believe the club wanted this out to project an image of strength and recovery and that on PSG’s side, it also fitted their image to say they rejected such offer. I just don’t think PSG would have rejected such offer when Leonardo himself said they were open to selling if the valuation was met — which the reports said they were surpassed. They even had replacements ready, like Richarlison. So I tend to agree in not believing it.

Florentino Perez himself said after the Super League debacle that they could only make a Mbappe/Haaland type signing with the Super League, which made them look weak. They needed a new image

They paid £130m
I believe this was the rumored initial fee, but the real one was £89 million (https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/t...-valuation-revealed-amid-chelsea-return-links)

I think Madrid behaving rationally of late is purely down to their economics not being where they once were.

Sadly, we saw this summer with the £170m offer for a player who is free in 12 months time, that rationality has again left the building, seemingly.

They paid £130m for Hazard and paying Alaba £400k a week.

Having removed the wages of Ronaldo, Ramos and Varane over the last three seasons, I believe they have played the longer game and may still revert to type next summer.

They would be better off paying us £40m for Sterling and leave Haaland to us ;)

Bear in mind they would still need another midfielder and a couple of defenders as well, assuming Pogba and Mbappe both come in.

Also, Would Haaland be okay to share the spotlight with Mbappe and Vice versa?

I think they are unstable at manager, I can't see Ancelotti staying past this year.

I think they are unstable at manager, I can't see Ancelotti staying past this year.
They look strong to win La Liga and go far in the UCL (again). He’s also the kind of manager Perez likes and that doesn’t cause much trouble

I already posted here that some Madrid fans I know believe that was bullshit. If you followed the news, it actually said they ended up making a final offer that was higher than that. They believe the club wanted this out to project an image of strength and recovery and that on PSG’s side, it also fitted their image to say they rejected such offer. I just don’t think PSG would have rejected such offer when Leonardo himself said they were open to selling if the valuation was met — which the reports said they were surpassed. They even had replacements ready, like Richarlison. So I tend to agree in not believing it.

Florentino Perez himself said after the Super League debacle that they could only make a Mbappe/Haaland type signing with the Super League, which made them look weak. They needed a new image

I believe this was the rumored initial fee, but the real one was £89 million (https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/t...-valuation-revealed-amid-chelsea-return-links)
the fact PSG rejected the offer goes to show you that both of those tears are irrational actors. them and united are the type of teams you'd expect to do.. well, what the rags did with ronaldo in the summer.

the fact PSG rejected the offer goes to show you that both of those tears are irrational actors. them and united are the type of teams you'd expect to do.. well, what the rags did with ronaldo in the summer.

What I was saying in the post you quoted is that they didn’t really reject such offer if my Madrid friend’s hunch is correct that there was no such offer. Having said this, I don’t think it would be past them to reject it. They are playing the role Madrid played for years, of megalomania — they are going to leak they are in for every major player out there, regardless of it being true. (I can’t think of a more stupid signing than Sergio Ramos in years, considering he went through a medical.) Unlike Madrid in the past, their league remains the least appealing of the major European leagues.

They look strong to win La Liga and go far in the UCL (again). He’s also the kind of manager Perez likes and that doesn’t cause much trouble
Well for one winning La Liga this year as Madrid is not saying all that much given the state of Barca.

They also haven't played a real top-quality opponent in the UCL, so for their aspirations there, who knows

Well for one winning La Liga this year as Madrid is not saying all that much given the state of Barca.

They also haven't played a real top-quality opponent in the UCL, so for their aspirations there, who knows
Their real opponent for La Liga is probably going to be Atletico, the current champions, and maybe a Sevilla. They did win against Inter in Italy, not an easy game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.