Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say the best, certainly not while he hasn't made a decision.

A real chance, however, which is better than it looked four months back.

I don't consider another club in England viable for him right now.

I like those odds.

I would definitely consider us having the best chance. A player like Haaland wants to be the main man and City are kinda the only elite club that doesn't have a ridiculously productive attacker. In terms of fit, City makes the most sense for Haaland; there's a clear vacancy for him and his numbers could be ridiculous.

I would definitely consider us having the best chance. A player like Haaland wants to be the main man and City are kinda the only elite club that doesn't have a ridiculously productive attacker. In terms of fit, City makes the most sense for Haaland; there's a clear vacancy for him and his numbers could be ridiculous.

I am always wary or clubs like Real and Paris who can and do have previous for concluding things on the fly.

Wijnaldum, Alves, Messi, just three names that PSG decided to come to the party on.

Madrid, purely for making statements, are doing Mbappe and Pogba already for zero transfer cost.

Despite their distancing through usual mouthpieces, however, I remain suspect, even though the obvious seems to point roads to City.

It's become increasingly clear City have a real chance.

Any top player watching United today knows he won't be in contention for the big prizes for at least five years.
Not good enough TH. can you at least take the time to get the quiet thread back up and running?. Far too obvious even I got this 1 ;)

I am always wary or clubs like Real and Paris who can and do have previous for concluding things on the fly.
I have already said here why I think Madrid is out of it. I could be wrong, but I’m reading the clues in their local media, and even from a footballing perspective, it’s not hard to see that they want a front three of Vinicius Jr, Benzema and Mbappe.
PSG has the money like us, but it’s one thing to get Messi at the end of his career, and a different thing to get the decade’s star at such a young age. Does anyone believe Mbappe is leaving PSG just because he’s always had the dream of playing for Madrid etc? Hmm, no.
I was discussing this with with a friend two days ago, and he asked me a rhetorical question: do you think Haaland has ever watched a Ligue 1 game in his life?

The only scenario he'd end up at United is if he's braindead and drools on himself constantly while staring at the wall with a blank stare on his face. There is literally no other reason at all why he would choose to go to a team that hasn't won a trophy in 5 years and is in chaos and has a shit tone of attacking players in the squad already. Ronaldo was convinced by Ferguson and his former teammates thats why Rio Ferdinand knew about it before the news broke out.

Chelsea already bought Lukaku , would be difficult to fit both in the team and to spend crazy amounts of money on bringing him in when they are trying to buy a defender thats going to be costly too and maybe a CM as Saul has been shit since he came.

Liverpool does spend sometimes but not the type of money they need to land Haaland, they struggled to extend Salah's deal , I don't see them pay all the money needed to land him and making him their best paid player, last summer they couldnt spend any money at all.

I'm not saying that they won't talk to the player and his agent about a transfer possibility , but even Barca talked to them and Barca is broke as shit right now. The possibility of another PL team landing him is very slim IMO, maybe sometimes in thr future , but not next summer.

I don't disagree, doesn't mean they can be ruled out just like that. Utd have the willingness to spend crazy money. And a manager he supposedly has some affinity towards. Plus they do have a fair few top players in there, despite how poor they seem to be collectively.

I don't really intend to make a case for any other club in fairess, I'm just saying that while we have a pretty good chance if we go for it, others have a chance too. Particularly if we don't properly go for it and wind up tixiking about over 5m here and there for months on end.

Any top player watching United today knows he won't be in contention for the big prizes for at least five years.

Just hope we leave our pride/ego at the door and cease the penny pinching principles when the time comes in the summer, and the fat Italian wants his hands greased. Let him have his little victory, everyone wins at the end of the day.

I wouldn't say the best, certainly not while he hasn't made a decision.

A real chance, however, which is better than it looked four months back.

I don't consider another club in England viable for him right now.

I like those odds.
I just wonder if you are Haaland what thoughts you have about our pursuit of Kane
ie in the back of your mind are you thinking was I really number one choice do these guys want me
I suppose it depends how hard other teams have pursued him as well

I'm not sure who the competition is going to be?

Madrid are getting Mbappe and have Benzema who's either the best or second best striker in the world right now.

Chelsea aren't going to be in after dropping £98m on Lukaku.

Liverpool don't have the money, Barca don't have the money. Bayern have Lewandowski.

PSG are the only opposition as far as I can see but Messi will probably just go into the middle again. I also think Kane -> PSG makes sense, as it guarantees him trophies and money, he loves Poch and Levy would love to sell abroad. Only 2 hours on the train to London too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.