Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Rangnick will introduce vertical balls as part of his philosophy”.

It‘s not that revolutionary, they’re called long balls over here.

Love it!

That style of football has been derided and dismissed over here for the last decade as a derivative Pulis/Allardyce/Warnock/Ferguson kick and rush, prehistoric, long ball throw back to simpler, less cultured times - but now Ragnick is wittering on about the exact same tired old routine (with a subtle rebrand as ‘vertical balls’), it’s suddenly become the very pinnacle of fresh, bold, brave, innovative thinking in the game.

The media over here are fucking pathetic - an embarrassment to themselves!

It wasn’t just Van Dijk though was it? Gomez and Matip going down long term weeks after him meant they played more than half a season with either emergency solutions, or their two most important midfielders regularly featuring in defence. The system collapsed as a result

Insinuating Klopp ‘lucked out’ in having a decent sporting director who can spot decent potential at a good price, but Pep and Tuchel and getting greater than the sum of their parts is one of the weirdest interpretations of reality I’ve ever seen. Pep inherited a collection of the best players to have played in this league all in one squad, at a club who’d already established a winning culture and then had the capacity to spend another £1b+ to pad it out with even more quality to make sure injuries or fatigue are never really a factor.

If Klopp had taken our job when he was offered it in 2015, I reckon we’d already have more European Cups than United, and 5 titles on the bounce.

Regarding Haaland, IMO he’ll end up at either Bayern or United on the understanding that he’ll be allowed to go to Madrid within 3 years.

Rag, Scouser!

200.gif

It wasn’t just Van Dijk though was it? Gomez and Matip going down long term weeks after him meant they played more than half a season with either emergency solutions, or their two most important midfielders regularly featuring in defence. The system collapsed as a result

Insinuating Klopp ‘lucked out’ in having a decent sporting director who can spot decent potential at a good price, but Pep and Tuchel and getting greater than the sum of their parts is one of the weirdest interpretations of reality I’ve ever seen. Pep inherited a collection of the best players to have played in this league all in one squad, at a club who’d already established a winning culture and then had the capacity to spend another £1b+ to pad it out with even more quality to make sure injuries or fatigue are never really a factor.

If Klopp had taken our job when he was offered it in 2015, I reckon we’d already have more European Cups than United, and 5 titles on the bounce.

Regarding Haaland, IMO he’ll end up at either Bayern or United on the understanding that he’ll be allowed to go to Madrid within 3 years.
This is some grand A bollox. Tell the nurse to lower your meds tonight.

Normally I would take the time to retort such shameful nonsense but I won’t touch scouse lunacy. You have went too far and need a quick fuck off for spouting red propaganda on a blues forum.

Utter slow boring shit…goodbye!

Jürgen Klopp (2001-2021): 3 League titles (2 Bundesligas, 1 Prem), 1 Champions League, 1 DFB-Pokal. Total major honours: 5. Average: 1 major trophy every 4 years.

Pep Guardiola (2007-2021): 9 (top flight) League titles (3 Las Ligas, 3 Bundesligas, 3 Prems), 2 Champions Leagues, 2 Copas del Rey, 2 DFB-Pokals, 1 FA Cup, 4 EFL Cups. Total major honours: 20. Average: 1 major trophy every 0.7 years.

So that is 3x as many top flight league titles, 2x as many Champions Leagues, 9x as many domestic cups and 4x as many honours in total for Pep, in a career where he has managed for 7 seasons fewer than Klopp.

Yeah, but Pep spent a few quid on new fullbacks.

Whilst Klopp had one in their reserves, and bought a complete **** for Hull.

Jürgen Klopp (2001-2021): 3 League titles (2 Bundesligas, 1 Prem), 1 Champions League, 1 DFB-Pokal. Total major honours: 5. Average: 1 major trophy every 4 years.

Pep Guardiola (2007-2021): 9 (top flight) League titles (3 Las Ligas, 3 Bundesligas, 3 Prems), 2 Champions Leagues, 2 Copas del Rey, 2 DFB-Pokals, 1 FA Cup, 4 EFL Cups. Total major honours: 20. Average: 1 major trophy every 0.7 years.

So that is 3x as many top flight league titles, 2x as many Champions Leagues, 9x as many domestic cups and 4x as many honours in total for Pep, in a career where he has managed for 7 seasons fewer than Klopp.
I hate Klopp with a passion, nasty individual, but he is a top class manager, end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.