Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing in terms of winning trophies etc, he is an outstanding talent, that is without question, but is he at the stage when he can make demands in terms of 400k wages?

Which of our players have won trophies before being signed? Mahrez must be our only player that did something then. So by that logic, Kane hasn't won anything and shouldn't cost anywhere near as much as we were supposedly prepared to pay.

I think 400k for a striker that scores 70 goals in 70 games in a top league is a bargain. Regardless of age and trophies. I include kane in that, who last summer would have reportedly got more than that. The fact he is only 21 might even strengthen that demand, not weaken it.

Would you pay 400k for messi back at 21, if you could?

Last edited:
Which of our players have won trophies before being signed? Mahrez must be our only player that did something then. So by that logic, Kane hasn't won anything and shouldn't cost anywhere near as much as we were supposedly prepared to pay.

I think 400k for a striker that scores 70 goals in 70 games in a top league is a bargain. Regardless of age and trophies. I include kane in that, who last summer would have reportedly got more than that. The fact he is only 21 might even strengthen that demand, not weaken it.

Back up fella, I was explaining that we signed players with enormous talent BUT we paid those players a sensible and fair wage with the proviso that if and when they were successful they would be highly rewarded in terms of wages and contract length.

Haaland is an exceptional talent, we give him a good and fair contract but also tell him IF he is successful that contract will be torn up and a better improved deal will be forth coming , just like we did many times with Kun.

I would also add 400k a week is utter madness, KDB is on 300k plus and Sala wants 350k, they are Premier/International proven players.

Haaland , who I want badly is an exceptional talent, would a club offer him 400k a week, probably, will it be us? Not a chance, and rightly so, as explained before, he comes and continues scoring in this league he will get 400k but show you are as good in this league as in Germany.

I would also add 400k a week is utter madness, KDB is on 300k plus and Sala wants 350k, they are Premier/International proven players.

Haaland , who I want badly is an exceptional talent, would a club offer him 400k a week, probably, will it be us? Not a chance, and rightly so, as explained before, he comes and continues scoring in this league he will get 400k but show you are as good in this league as in Germany.
If he wants the money and not trophies then he is not the man for us

If he wants the money and not trophies then he is not the man for us
Exactly but if he wants a club that are serial winners, a club who look after players and their family's exceptionally well and a club that improves players, we must be at the top of the pile, even with blue tinted glasses.

We also reward players financially as well as any club on the planet IF they are successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.