Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do agree, unfortunate as it may be.

The contract agreement would come after, also with the start date as agreed by the clubs. In short, we could theoretically agree a deal with both BVB and Haaland for January 2024 if we wish. Dates are absolutely not a blocker, it’s just rare because things change quickly. Huge risk for the buying club’s finances (as covid has shown), and a risk for the player (UCL qualification etc).

There’s nothing stopping us agreeing a deal now, for summer. On paper.

That is still a transfer between clubs. Not a player agreeing a pre-contract.

That is still a transfer between clubs. Not a player agreeing a pre-contract.
Sorry, I’ve had a few drinks since the game and probably not being as elaborate as usual :)

Should we agree a deal with BVB today for a Jan 2024 transfer, we can then speak to Haaland to agree a contract with a Jan 2024 start date. Same goes for this coming summer.

Legally and per FIFA rules, there’s nothing stopping us getting a deal fully wrapped up with both player and club for this summer.

Reactions: Uby
Sorry, I’ve had a few drinks since the game and probably not being as elaborate as usual :)

Should we agree a deal with BVB today for a Jan 2024 transfer, we can then speak to Haaland to agree a contract with a Jan 2024 start date. Same goes for this coming summer.

Legally and per FIFA rules, there’s nothing stopping us getting a deal fully wrapped up with both player and club for this summer.
I believe Liverpool did similar for Keita?

True. Not what the poster nor article were suggesting.

With a release clause in the summer, the only reason to negotiate with Dortmund would be for a January move. So there is no context in which ge would agree a,pre contract with us. It is a pointless debate on technicalities that don't apply.

besides maybe Yaya..None of those players as good as they turned out (world beaters some of them) were the most sort after player in the world at the time (Maybe Kun but i doubt it...he was a very hot prospect and had been tearing up the spannish league but he didnt have the profile Haaland has at present --maybe some of that isnt deserved and Maybe Haaland isnt as good as kun was at his age but thats irrelevant to what we are talking about hear.......Haaland is a marquee signing, someone EVERY big team will go for, and we dont really do those.....nd none of those players you have mentioned at the time they signed for us were in that bracket
How many clubs actually buy marquee signings?

We have recently had Kane, Messi and Ronaldo want to come to us and we tried to make it work so I don’t get your point. If haaland wants to come we would also try to make it work.

the way haaland waved at the crowd the other day looked like a goodbye ? why else would have walk around the edge of the pitch waving after just another game. manchester city need to push for any sort of deal right now for haaland with dortmund ? because if we wait to the summer it will be a open market and silly season with wages and i can see it starting at £1 million a week.

if manchester city and pep want haaland then its has to be now because we have the best squad in european football and add haaland right now means we have a even better squad and better chances with champions league.

from what i can work out is manchester city had £130million for kane and its still there ? now add torres sale to barcelona that's about £55million ? so that's about £185milion. how much is it for haaland right now

forget the silly price clause in the summer dortmund was never going to let that happen. they would be daft not to take a really good offer right now and they are out of champions league and 2nd in there league 9 points behind munich so the title has gone

i would go with £100million plus £50million add-ons right now get the job done and haaland in a manchester city top

True. Not what the poster nor article were suggesting.

With a release clause in the summer, the only reason to negotiate with Dortmund would be for a January move. So there is no context in which ge would agree a,pre contract with us. It is a pointless debate on technicalities that don't apply.
If Erling only wants us, and we need concrete assurances over that, then there’s plenty context for all parties to sit down in January and agree a binding deal for the Summer window.

Our board will be more than wary of getting burned like we did for Messi and Kane. There’s every reason to get signatures on paper in January for the summer.

How many clubs actually buy marquee signings?

We have recently had Kane, Messi and Ronaldo want to come to us and we tried to make it work so I don’t get your point. If haaland wants to come we would also try to make it work.
I think you just reiterrated my point......we dont make marquee signings...that is my point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.