Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm hearing the name "harry kane" a bit too much for me to feel comfortable. drop it lads. not only is he not for sale, he's finished. stop chasing this stupid and pointless goose hunt and get serious

hope it's just journalists being lazy.
I ignore it after hearing multiple times here that Rob Dawson isn’t well informed about us

Any of you melts want a line of hopium? Read on.

Every day we edge closer to the January market, I get a little more confident of us signing Little Alf before the month is out.

Dortmund will get CL, with or without him. Donyell Malen is a great striker and will do a good enough job in replacing Haaland. No problems there.

And with the above in mind, Dortmund would be frankly fucking mad not to take a straight £100m deal in January, which is circa £40m over and above his release clause. Fourty million pounds for five months. Don’t they have shareholders to please, too?

But AlanBalls, what about Pep’s / Dortmund’s / Raiola’s quotes?”

Look at our usual modus operandi. We don’t want bidding wars, we don’t like a media circus. Raiola is supposedly 6 months away from a huge fucking paycheck by moving a player in extremely high demand and there’s been nary a peep to the media, aside from a select few quotes (trolling the rags…) a couple of weeks back. I think City might be orchestrating a very under-the-radar move.

Money isn’t a problem and that rubbish has got to stop. We had £120m to pay for Kane plus circa £300k p/w contract over 5 years (£80m) plus some agent fees for that dope Charlie Kane - total of £200m. Haaland may be approx. £100m plus £400k p/w over 5 years - total of £204m. The £50m in Alf and Raiola fees are covered by the Ferran deal. We’re talking a likely £4m-ish differential between Harold fucking Kane and Little Alf.

The only question - does Erling want City? If the answer is yes, hop on the hype train. January is so possible.

Disclaimer: I’m not ITK. I’ve not a fucking clue what’s actually going to unfold. I’m just trying to articulate some educated optimism / unfettered hope.

One concern over the potential signing of Haaland ( or any top player ) is that whilst City are undoubtedly currently the best team in the PL and certainly one of the best in Europe…..a lot of this is down to our manager….who isn’t around for much longer.

so would a top player be concerned that he is joining a team that is going to have a change in manager ( and all that goes with that ) 12 /18 months after said player signs ?
We have still managed to win a PL title with the other managers before Pep. Ofcourse Pep has gone a level above but its safe to assume unless we have a massive fuck up, we would be right up there.
The beauty of this club is that, we don't buy/hire players/managers on their reputation. We have tried to stick to a similar playing style over the last decade with some changes ofcourse. But the idea of attacking/possession football has remained. We have always strived to play great football first and believed in results following it up.
If I had to wager a bet, we might struggle the season Pep leaves but I can see us gunning for the title the very next season once the new manager put his style in.

We have still managed to win a PL title with the other managers before Pep. Ofcourse Pep has gone a level above but its safe to assume unless we have a massive fuck up, we would be right up there.
The beauty of this club is that, we don't buy/hire players/managers on their reputation. We have tried to stick to a similar playing style over the last decade with some changes ofcourse. But the idea of attacking/possession football has remained. We have always strived to play great football first and believed in results following it up.
If I had to wager a bet, we might struggle the season Pep leaves but I can see us gunning for the title the very next season once the new manager put his style in.

Looking at what happened at Barcelona and Bayern once Pep left I'm not worried that he leaves things in a mess. If anything the discipline he instills seems to leave behind a legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.