Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be very nice. Perhaps Erling will put a word in for us ;)

Might be too good for a back up to Rodri, though!

Bellingham could be a Gundugan/Bernardo replacement if they leave in a couple of years time. He’s more of a box to box / 8 than a lone DM although I’m sure Pep could turn him into anything.

Don’t see him leaving dortmund before 2024 though…when he’ll be 21.

any DM we get closes the door for lavia permanantly, i don't know how much in the club they rate him but i'd love it if he became part of the team eventually

Any of you melts want a line of hopium? Read on.

Every day we edge closer to the January market, I get a little more confident of us signing Little Alf before the month is out.

Dortmund will get CL, with or without him. Donyell Malen is a great striker and will do a good enough job in replacing Haaland. No problems there.

And with the above in mind, Dortmund would be frankly fucking mad not to take a straight £100m deal in January, which is circa £40m over and above his release clause. Fourty million pounds for five months. Don’t they have shareholders to please, too?

But AlanBalls, what about Pep’s / Dortmund’s / Raiola’s quotes?”

Look at our usual modus operandi. We don’t want bidding wars, we don’t like a media circus. Raiola is supposedly 6 months away from a huge fucking paycheck by moving a player in extremely high demand and there’s been nary a peep to the media, aside from a select few quotes (trolling the rags…) a couple of weeks back. I think City might be orchestrating a very under-the-radar move.

Money isn’t a problem and that rubbish has got to stop. We had £120m to pay for Kane plus circa £300k p/w contract over 5 years (£80m) plus some agent fees for that dope Charlie Kane - total of £200m. Haaland may be approx. £100m plus £400k p/w over 5 years - total of £204m. The £50m in Alf and Raiola fees are covered by the Ferran deal. We’re talking a likely £4m-ish differential between Harold fucking Kane and Little Alf.

The only question - does Erling want City? If the answer is yes, hop on the hype train. January is so possible.

Disclaimer: I’m not ITK. I’ve not a fucking clue what’s actually going to unfold. I’m just trying to articulate some educated optimism / unfettered hope.

Love the optimism and hope you're right but can't see owt before summer happening.

We should though be prioritising Haaland over everybody else, plus can't see any club going for Vlahovic mid season could be wrong but doubt it.

Dortmund really are that stubborn as hell team though they don't need the cash they said, look at Lewandowski or any of the others they've lost on freebies I'm honestly not sure £40m will bother them, think they more or less promised to their fans about Haaland staying till next summer at least they won't want to lose face with the fans, when I say promised they said after receiving the Sancho money that they don't need to sell anybody else due to the massive payload it'd look bad to their fans if they changed their mind, also they're still in the Europa League although a lessor competition I'm sure they'll want to win that, keeping Haaland gives them a chance of winning it and if they do they can say we won this cos we kept Haaland thus pleasing their fans.

They've got Donyell Malen but also want Karim Adeyemi as Haaland's proper replacement according to media reports, however I know they've also got a supposed 17 year old wonderkid called Youssoufa Moukoko I've not seen enough to know what he's like stylistically, they don't want to rush him though and half a year of Haaland might be right to give him time to improve and get ready, the noise around the kid is that they expect him to be a world class player or very important, if true and he's going to be the striker/false9 then they might be using Malen and maybe Adeyemi as wide forwards in a similar vein to the dippers with Mane and Salah.

Love the optimism and hope you're right but can't see owt before summer happening.

We should though be prioritising Haaland over everybody else, plus can't see any club going for Vlahovic mid season could be wrong but doubt it.

Dortmund really are that stubborn as hell team though they don't need the cash they said, look at Lewandowski or any of the others they've lost on freebies I'm honestly not sure £40m will bother them, think they more or less promised to their fans about Haaland staying till next summer at least they won't want to lose face with the fans, when I say promised they said after receiving the Sancho money that they don't need to sell anybody else due to the massive payload it'd look bad to their fans if they changed their mind, also they're still in the Europa League although a lessor competition I'm sure they'll want to win that, keeping Haaland gives them a chance of winning it and if they do they can say we won this cos we kept Haaland thus pleasing their fans.

They've got Donyell Malen but also want Karim Adeyemi as Haaland's proper replacement according to media reports, however I know they've also got a supposed 17 year old wonderkid called Youssoufa Moukoko I've not seen enough to know what he's like stylistically, they don't want to rush him though and half a year of Haaland might be right to give him time to improve and get ready, the noise around the kid is that they expect him to be a world class player or very important, if true and he's going to be the striker/false9 then they might be using Malen and maybe Adeyemi as wide forwards in a similar vein to the dippers with Mane and Salah.
They are linked with Sesko as well who is stylistically very much like Haaland.

A player of haaland caliber would like to play week end week out, but our manager pep he can rotate anyone so any superstars will not be a super star anymore at his team. Thats why pep is sceptic about signing haaland and haaland camp is also thinking the same. We know big egos like ibra, eto, schwastiger, hart did not work well with pep.
Yes, haaland is not that egocentric as that ibrahiovic but he is more or less near. He may not work out that well as we all are thinking. Among haaland and kane, kane is more better fit so we were all aout for kane last time.
lets see....

He needs the legs of Foden or Bernie next to him, then his positional intelligence is exactly where he needs to be.

We saw a similar change in Gundo last season, tweaking of roles, supplemented by younger legs, their true qualities are shown.

City need a proper back up to Rodri just as much as we need a striker.

Love Fern, he will have lovely passing moments to remind us of his greatness, but he's running on fumes now.

Legend.
i am afraid you will not appreciate rodri even if he is here for another 10 years and has won evey trophies available being our main player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.