Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haaland is a world superstar in the making. Potentially bigger than any player we have a very signed before.....if he comes. You're being too parochial......this is a genuine superstar. I would not mind at all if he gives us 3 seasons and then moves on for more huge money.
I wouldn't expect to see a video of him eating a full English with a pint as was once shown of Uwe when he first signed!!!!
that is your liking dude. but I don't want us to take the approach that real madrid galacticos take. never was a fan of that. I would rather build legends like silva, kun, kompany etc. I would rather players come here and stay through their prime and make a legacy here.

The problem is the mentality of some around here who can’t fathom this could happen

This stepping stone narrative is really short sighted.

When was the last time we sold a player that was considered indespensible? Shaun Wright Phillips, Distin? Maybe at a push Leroy Sane, but the reality is, we are not a stepping stone club. Dortmund would probably fit nicely into that category. We keep our BEST players - Huge difference

Torres is added to the list of players like, Iheanacho, Eric Garcia, Javi Garcia, and further back there was Nastasic, Stefan Savic Trippier et al, who have all moved on to better their careers because they knew they weren't good enough to play a regular role and the feeling at the club was mutual.

This stepping stone narrative is really short sighted.

When was the last time we sold a player that was considered indespensible? Shaun Wright Phillips, Distin? Maybe at a push Leroy Sane, but the reality is, we are not a stepping stone club. Dortmund would probably fit nicely into that category. We keep our BEST players - Huge difference

Torres is added to the list of players like, Iheanacho, Eric Garcia, Javi Garcia, and further back there was Nastasic, Stefan Savic Trippier et al, who have all moved on to better their careers because they knew they weren't good enough to play a regular role and the feeling at the club was mutual.
it is not about a stepping stone club. but more like a mercenary club, some player just come here for fame and money and just leave when it is better somewhere else, those kind of players we just need to avoid.

its simple I don't want anyone here who does not see a long term future at the club. Even if Haaland comes here and in a year say if Real wants to replace Benzema and give him a call do you think he will stay here? no he will want to jump ship in no time. We don't need those kind of players here. I would rather take someone one step below but who is more committed.

Im sure probably you judging by your comment here and plenty of other people had the exact same view when Sergio Aguero or David Silva joined, that they'd only be here a year or two maybe three but you know what they absolutely loved it here... Don't underestimate our clubs ability to get any big star they want and then sway their head to stay long-term.
Sergio could've spat his dummy out after 3 years and said he wanted to join Barcelona and they'd defo have chosen him over Luis Suarez, everyone knows Real always courted Aguero too but he stayed because why the hell wouldn't he? We're the future he saw that as did David Silva too.

Players who join us can't seem to get enough of being here and the atmosphere the feeling that something special is happening it's irresistible, it's easy to see why with the club's long-term plan too you only have to look at CFG and the academy everything the club aspires to be, you're too defeatest in thinking any player Real or Barca want will just jump ship at the click of a finger... They've got everything they could possibly want right here, when Aguero or Silva arrived I guarantee they both probably thought it'd be a dream to play for either Barca or Real in just a few years like what you're saying with Haaland, yet after a couple years they didn't wanna be anywhere else but right here and that's because we're the dogs bollox.

With what we're building here you'd have to be an absolute moron not to wanna be a part of a project like ours, yeah it's true a handful of big teams will always have that allure but I don't think you understand that we're actually one of those teams already, once players come here they don't move on to those other teams unless they get homesick because they honestly know how good they've got it here as a package.

Nobody anywhere knows anything, at least in the public sphere. As we were circa 2,000 pages ago, really.
He's not going to be wearing blue. We need to move on sooner than later. If he were ours we'd know it, I've heard alot of folks here and there not guessing saying that he's definitely not coming this way. We are so used to writing cheques to get who we want, we need to look elsewhere because mark it, unless something huge changes... Haalywood isn't City bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.