Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports are saying that Erling Haaland wants to decide his future before 31st Jan and can sign a pre-agreement with his next club…

Again, it is not at all what the article says (which is the same thing it said the last time). And he still can not sign a pre contract with anyone, it is impossible (other than a transfer between clubs).

He may not come here, but he sure as shit ain't going to Barca. They can't afford him, and they're shit. He's not going to take a lower salary to play in the Europa League because they were good 10 years ago.

Well lets say he signs for 5 years and gets to year 4 without extending, who is going to pay £200 mill, when he’s free 12 months later?
I’m not saying he will, I’m not saying we shouldn’t sign him if we can. Not saying we couldn’t get him to extend. Nobody knows. Just saying, if he did decide to move on instead of extending doubt there will be any big profit, but I also don’t think we’d struggle to get our money back or make a small profit.

It's all speculation, and putting the liberal rou ding up here aside (i.e the claim was 3 years, not 4 years into a 5 year contract), it is entirely believable that Haaland in 3 years could cost 200m with a year two or three left on his contract. Given real madrid paid 130m for hazard with a year left on his, tried to pay 170m for mbappe with a year left on his, the way the market is going Haaland in 3 or 4 years is still a hefty price to secure a top player, and a profit on the 65m release clause. As far as speculation goes ay least. Or if he walks for free, great value for money.

Last edited:
Okay, but going back to my original point it is far more likely that if Haaland wants to leave we will realise a significant gain on his sale than he will walk away for free.
That would depend on how far in to his contract he was when he wanted to leave. If he goes into the last 2 years, I'd expect him to walk for free

That was quick as he had a deal with Madrid just yesterday, no? Which club next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.