Too true.

Ronaldhino
Eto
Kaka
De Rossi
Van Persie
Isco
Pogba

All convoluted, drawn out media dramas that ended in naada.
Have we ever completed one of these circus transfers - Tevez was a free agent so doesn’t count.

dont know if u can say the same about van persie, he won united the league that season

The media would make a deal of it any which way really. If he didn't have a release clause, it would be how much would it cost to buy him out. If he said he was leaving, it would be where he goes as well as how disrespectful he is. If he extended, back to how much to buy him out. Etc.

Agree, nothing wrong with Dortmund making him an offer to remove the release clause, and wanting a decision ahead of the summer so they can plan ahead. I think in context, terms like 'now' and 'get things started' have a bit more time to them than the words themselves suggest. He is clearly in no rush, and won't be rushed, he may decline Dortmund's offer and that may be the confirmation they want, but doubt he will rush to move or decide anything before he is ready.

Exactly. All he has done is put a confirmation to Dortmund trying to secure answers from their meeting later this month.

Dortmund aren't going to budget for the next 18 months without knowing whether Haaland intends to stay beyond this season.

We might get to hear leaks from the Dortmund end at some stage after he delivers his answer to them, but it can't be in his financial interests to let the next destination be known too soon.

Guys, I think we need to have mentality of a club that is at the moment the best organized club in the world. We are playing the toughest domestic competition there is, having great academy (we know on Barca example what have that meant for them), great back room stuff. That is- we have a system. So, the day will eventually come when we part our way with Pep too, and we’ll continue to perform on this level. Having said that, I wouldn’t consider real m. as having an advantage in this particular situation. If Haaland comes to our club, he is welcome, but if he chooses madrid cunts, well, fuck him mate. Come on Cityyy!
So true. We are in the top echelon of football clubs in the world now, Pep or no Pep. All Madrid has on us is weather nothing more.

bit more context

Damn, I am no body language expert but the way he reacted to the question about whether he will have to make a decision about his next club now that Dortmund is putting pressure on him is interesting. He basically got taken aback and broke eye contact, touched his nose and bought time to think of an answer points to him lying there and imo he has already made a decision on where he wants to play next.

@tolmie's hairdoo any thoughts on this?

Exactly. All he has done is put a confirmation to Dortmund trying to secure answers from their meeting later this month.

Dortmund aren't going to budget for the next 18 months without knowing whether Haaland intends to stay beyond this season.

We might get to hear leaks from the Dortmund end at some stage after he delivers his answer to them, but it can't be in his financial interests to let the next destination be known too soon.
Personally think there is zero chance of him staying at Dortmund unless they rob a bank to give he and his reps the wages he would demand.

Most of Europe's top clubs will be making some sort of offer to him, they would be foolish not to with such a low transfer clause and he looks a generational talent.

The world is his lobster and even Rodney Trotter could get this dude the best contract in football.

Certainly not in his financial interest. But i also get the feeling it just isn't in his interest to commit too soon in any aspect, sporting included. From everything i've ever heard him say (not his agent), he seems level headed and not a constantly look ahead rush ahead kind of guy. Thi gs are going well for him at Dortmund, he is content there, he knows bigger moves are coming, but mignt not always be this comfirtable. He seems happy enough to see the season out. Just as he seemed happy enough last summer to do another season and not push for a move. He might have a preference, but feels to me like he doesn't want to rule out his options yet or be distracted by something more than 6 months away.

being a Norwegian interviewer (jan aage fjortoft I think) I'm thinking did he want to use the interview to make a specific statement......ie he instigated/requested the interview, not the other way around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.