Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was not meant as a discussion regarding if Grealish is worth it or not, just wanted to highlight that the transfer fee is only a part of the cost and that its foolish to assume a "free transfer" is cheaper than an expensive one just because there is no transfer fee. Its the overall cost for the player that matters.

Pogba is apparently asking for 500K per week, add a huge sign on bonus on that (25M) and you are basically paying the same money as for Grealish, or a bit more. Assuming he gets what he is asking for that is. Even if he gets a bit less, its still in the same ballpark.

Mbappe is apparently (if reports are true) being offered around 600k per week, + a 60M sign on bonus. Total cost around 250M for 6 years. It may be a good deal if you can afford it, but its certainly not free.
Is Pogba still "injured"?

Agree. Alphabetical.

As an aside, I Was reading a fox sports article this morning (about Everton’s demise) and it talked about the Big 6 and listed them in alphabetical order as follows …..Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City and Tottenham. Im sure it was a genuine mistake.

That's just the kind of tiny unconscious mistake that has ended up needling me over the decades.Jesus, it's not that complicated.
In France, the commentators (who are lazy and pig ignorant about their English football history, although they still think they're qualified to commentate on PL matches for a living) for years, used to refer to United as “Manchester” during a match. Over and over. I kid you not. It used to drive me round the fucking bend! Now — get this — they refer to City as “Manchester”. Some on here might prefer that. I don't. It's still ignorant. We are City, we are City, super City, from Maine Road.

Agree. Alphabetical.

As an aside, I Was reading a fox sports article this morning (about Everton’s demise) and it talked about the Big 6 and listed them in alphabetical order as follows …..Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City and Tottenham. Im sure it was a genuine mistake.

And incidentally, there's no way on God's earth that a club that were last champions when I was a little boy in shorts can be considered as part of any “big six”. If it comes down to it, Villa has got more right to be included. Spurs have got a big stadium. That's it.

Last edited:
Half? Their yearly salary cap is 740m. And that's with covid hit income, next year it will be higher. Those 3 don't even put a dent in it. And that's before they shed other big earners.

Whether he would go there is debatable, whether he would play with mbappe too. Whether Madrid can afford both is just not though, of course they can. Hence all the stories about targeting him, making the right offers etc.

It comes down to his choice. Plenty of reasons to choose us.
There current player salary is €242m, with a reduction of 20% expected following Covid:.::..

There current player salary is €242m, with a reduction of 20% expected following Covid:.::..

Even Barcelona's is more than that.

Last year at its lowest Madrid's cap was around 450m. That was following a year of covid empty stadiums. With a return towards the end it has been raised to 740m. Next year expected even higher.

Thats according to reports ive seen at least, but even so, no way could madeid's cap fall as low as you say, with all the revenue they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.