Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might but he’ll need to prove he’s a better option than a false 9, and most centre forwards aren’t, because if he isn’t we know Pep is more than happy to play without a centre forward.
He still has a lot to prove.

Everytime he's played he's been a goal threat. Last night pen won and the goal chalked out the game before.
Yeah he has to prove himself and given the opportunity the cameos are showing he has what it takes. I think with just being back from a long lay-off and coming straight into the first team, Pep thinks so too.

I don't think we are as good as we are because of false 9s I think we are as good as we are in spite of playing false 9s. We still have a level or 2 we can go up under Pep. I believe a quality striker is the boost up we need to get there.

Other than ‘status’, I’m struggling to see why anybody would choose Barca over City right now.

We’re levels above them all throughout the club - not just on the pitch.
globally, barce have a much bigger presence than us, the gap is closing like lifts in a sky-scraper we're goin' up they're goin' down. Like the dips, they have a fan base swollen by a period of success in the european cup, and the old adage "once a (insert name) always a xxx holds true. Someone desired by the Madrid clubs will not have the same outlook as we do, multi-millionaires tend to be like this. We see it as a no-brainer, on and off the pitch, but we do not know what other factors are important to the player, nor will we find out. The fact we are even one of 3 or 4 genuine destinations for AH is proof of how far we have come. Not that long ago just the idea of us chasing a superstar would have been scoffed at. All we get now is fear-based bollox like "oil money club, yooman rights shite, yada yada.... well, f'kem.

Everytime he's played he's been a goal threat. Last night pen won and the goal chalked out the game before.
Yeah he has to prove himself and given the opportunity the cameos are showing he has what it takes. I think with just being back from a long lay-off and coming straight into the first team, Pep thinks so too.

I don't think we are as good as we are because of false 9s I think we are as good as we are in spite of playing false 9s. We still have a level or 2 we can go up under Pep. I believe a quality striker is the boost up we need to get there.
i don't agree I think we are as good as we are, especially defensively, because of the control and movement the false 9 gives us. I think Pep will sacrifice a little of that for the right striker. Haaland is one, but I think the are are very few Pep is willing to let even a little of that control go for, and even then Haaland will be expected to adapt to our movements. Delap could be another but we are a long way from that knowing yet because it isn't just about goal threat.
If we assume Haaland will score 25-30 goals for us they won't be 25-30 extra goals for the team. If we are lucky there will be maybe 15 ish extra team goals, hopefully in the tight games not the 4-0 s.

i don't agree I think we are as good as we are, especially defensively, because of the control and movement the false 9 gives us. I think Pep will sacrifice a little of that for the right striker. Haaland is one, but I think the are are very few Pep is willing to let even a little of that control go for, and even then Haaland will be expected to adapt to our movements. Delap could be another but we are a long way from that knowing yet because it isn't just about goal threat.
If we assume Haaland will score 25-30 goals for us they won't be 25-30 extra goals for the team. If we are lucky there will be maybe 15 ish extra team goals, hopefully in the tight games not the 4-0 s.
Delap is surprisingly adept technically, he's not just a big unit who caber tosses CBs for fun. Watching him for the U23's you'll see he's got very good movement off the ball, making room for the other attackers. I hope we don't regret him missing the first half of the season if we get Haaland and end up losing Delap.

Delap is surprisingly adept technically, he's not just a big unit who caber tosses CBs for fun. Watching him for the U23's you'll see he's got very good movement off the ball, making room for the other attackers. I hope we don't regret him missing the first half of the season if we get Haaland and end up losing Delap.
I haven’t seen enough of Delap to have an opinion either way, I hope he’s as good as those that have seen him think he is. I just think not getting Haaland doesn’t automatically mean Delap will be seen as an alternative, or even getting Haaland, Delap will automatically play when Haaland doesn’t. Not that I think I can second guess Pep, so will just wait and see.
Though if he is that good,then getting Haaland may see him want to move on, that is a risk.

Imagine Haaland in last nights team against Norwich. With Kev, Rhodri, La Porte, Cancelo all on the bench.

Haaland, Alvarez, and our current team/squad would destroy all the other PL teams next season, including the Scouse c*nts!

Post Norwich interview, Dean Smith reiterated what other managers have mentioned. Without a recognised No.9, centre halves are effectively neutralised as they don't know who to mark. Foden, Gundo, Raz, all have turns in the middle causing confusion (and ultimately errors) from the defenders.

Post Norwich interview, Dean Smith reiterated what other managers have mentioned. Without a recognised No.9, centre halves are effectively neutralised as they don't know who to mark. Foden, Gundo, Raz, all have turns in the middle causing confusion (and ultimately errors) from the defenders.
Yep and that’s why we saw Kane as the ideal forward. He is just as comfortable playing deep playing balls from midfield positions, getting in the pockets etc and has fantastic technical ability. He of course can also play the typical no.9 role. Haaland will make us a lot more one dimensional, predictable and not as fluid. I’m not sure pep will want that hence why I would be shocked if we signed him. He just doesn’t suit our way if playing imo

Yep and that’s why we saw Kane as the ideal forward. He is just as comfortable playing deep playing balls from midfield positions, getting in the pockets etc and has fantastic technical ability. He of course can also play the typical no.9 role. Haaland will make us a lot more one dimensional, predictable and not as fluid. I’m not sure pep will want that hence why I would be shocked if we signed him. He just doesn’t suit our way if playing imo
One dimensional is the key phrase. We already have the best goal difference in the PL and it's the same 3 points for 1-0 as for 5-0. Except for Eddie' (so far!) all our players from 2 to 47 can score goals. Can't imagine them being told "Give it to Haarland" with every attack. Hasn't worked for the Rags and CR7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.