Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't put any credence in the sources or the fact it was done simply across all three Reach titles.

It's a known story done last month and rehashed by John Cross, with zero City contacts.

I am confident enough we know there is a chance, but a lot depends on Dortmund, who would prefer first to cash in on Sancho instead this summer as he has one year less than Haaland on his deal.

Dortmund might need the cash for both dependent on finances during Covid though?

If we get £15m on Sancho, £10m on Harrison, £9m on Braaf, you can see there is money coming on stream all the time.

when does haaland's buy out clause kick in? its £68 mill isn't it?

Something like that. Summer of 2022. Can we go another season with just Jesus up front though? Aguero probably going to leave, or will be 33 coming off the back of his worst injury. Plus, we'd have to pay Raiola more & give him a bigger signing-on fee if we get into a bidding war.

I think the better sponsorships with Haaland at the helm will make up for the difference in fee & release clause.

Not until summer 2022, which is why some clubs are prepared to pay a premium this year to tempt Dortmund to do business at the end of the season.

As I say, Dortmund want to sell Sancho this summer because they feel his price is reducing in the present climate and has fewer takers.

United were very interested when he moved to Dortmund but Haaland and his dad did not feel comfortable Solskjaer would be there for the long term.

I'd say they would only try to sign him again if it was in 2022, at the reduced buyout.

They simply can't afford to buy a top class central defender this summer and also secure Sancho.

There is a perfect storm arsing for City and we know it.

I think Chelsea is our main rival at present.

The only question mark to me is, how much does Haaland want to sign for us? If he even want's to leave at all?

Any way you look at it. We have to be one of the most attractive destinations in world football right now.
Way I see it, Dortmund can lose him now for 100m, or lose him for 60m the window after. I'm pretty certain Haaland prefers staying for one more season (as he said himself I think), but if Dortmund rather the 100m, Haaland might not have much of a choice in this.

I guess we also have to hope that Dortmund finish outside the top 4. Which would make Dortmund's financial situation even worse. They might eve be open to selling Haaland + Sancho.

Not until summer 2022, which is why some clubs are prepared to pay a premium this year to tempt Dortmund to do business at the end of the season.

As I say, Dortmund want to sell Sancho this summer because they feel his price is reducing in the present climate and has fewer takers.

United were very interested when he moved to Dortmund but Haaland and his dad did not feel comfortable Solskjaer would be there for the long term.

I'd say they would only try to sign him again if it was in 2022, at the reduced buyout.

They simply can't afford to buy a top class central defender this summer and also secure Sancho.

Interesting mate. Pep must be a bigger draw than Tuchel. Hopefully we can match or better Chelsea on anything other than if London is an attraction to him. I wonder how much affection his dad has for the club and wether that will be any factor at all.

Utd always have money...they sell well which is something we dont do as well

They like to let everyone know they have money! So if they splashed the cash and wages on a Sanchez a pogba why didn’t they spend the money on Sancho? Oh and why did they get a 140m loan if they that loaded.
The same reason we back out of deals...we believe the value isn't there for what is being asked? Maybe they thought Sancho wasn't worth that much (100m)....I'd agree on that as mo way he is better at present than sane was for instance. No idea about the loan but they still manage to spend money regardless of their huge debt

Chelsea?! Money wise how they going to compete? Or is ffp being scrapped. Chelsea next accounts will have a massive loss.

The £68m fee included Dortmund paying about £30m in commission to Alf and Mino, right?

So Dortmund were only set to make about £40m from the sale themselves, which might mean he doesn't go for quite the sums some people think he will (£100m) but I imagine we'll have to foot that £30m bill for the agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.