Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
The £68m fee included Dortmund paying about £30m in commission to Alf and Mino, right?

So Dortmund were only set to make about £40m from the sale themselves, which might mean he doesn't go for quite the sums some people think he will (£100m) but I imagine we'll have to foot that £30m bill for the agents.

Yep, good point. Doing a deal this summer also means Dortmund clear more.

I don't begrudge his dad getting wedged, as he gave up that big pay day when they initially chose Dortmund, and he WILL have the biggest say on this.

As for Mino, seems to be going rate for him.

Pogba, Lukaku, Ibrahimovic and Mkhitaryan, saw him collect around £50m in combined fees.

All the same, he will simply carry out what Alf Inge tells him to.

Which could be very good news, fingers crossed.

I was gonna let my two season tickets go, but to see Messi and Haaland in the same team might persuade me otherwise!!

I'm not suprised if they have been burnt by Raiola before that they may not want to deal with him

United are fed up with Mino because of Pogba shenanigans, but I never credit United with any principles when they become separate or need to appear relevant.

They do well to get money back on Pogba this summer, but will probably get £70m.

Added to Lingard, Jones, Dalot and maybe a couple of others, they will have cash to spend.

But not for Haaland, Sancho and a top class centre back.

hopefully but any particular reason for the confidence?

Loads of things. City's seeming openness about the fact they want him to replace Aguero. The fact that Dortmund are having a poor season. The fact that this summer I don't think Madrid or Barcelona can afford him. The fact that for Dortmund a sale this summer means banking probably 30-40 million pounds more than the following year, which in a COVID hit football market is a lot of money. The fact that there's a spot in the City team which he walks into without any competition. The fact that his dad used to play for us.

But really the biggest thing is the first thing. The way the club have operated in the past, they are always at pains to distance themselves from players who they aren't in for. And conversely they will generally acknowledge when they really want a player. The fact that we're in the part of the season when we like to start beginning to get our targets properly lined up, and we're now getting a raft of stories that he's our top target, suggests to me that we feel confident that we can land him.

If we really want him then our negotiating will have already been put into place surely Tolm?

Our biggest stumbling block is current players like Gabby, Aguero & possibly Mahrez being moved out & right now the last thing City need is players being distracted
Add the intrest in Messi + the new deals for Kev, Sterling then City have a lot on there plate

Juggling this with loads of games, Champs League starting the whole club are very busy so Tixi go & do your magic in moving players out & getting the above started before those London twits start throwing millions at Dortmund

Werner, Tammy, Giroud all need to be sorted so not a straight fwd deal for them either

Sancho again hes way overated imo, he goes to UTD then good rather he goes than Grealish

Utd don't have £150m ag there disposel so 1 big signing at CH Kounde or HM like Rice would be there direction

Liverpool they are desperate for CH so Uppercano imo will go there or Grealish possibly if Wjnaldum goes

If we can do a deal then go now don't fuck about..

Its going to be great summer I can feel it, think we all need cheering up big time

I'm sure City have it all in hand mate.

Might lead to some tough decisions though, undoubtedly.

Yep, good point. Doing a deal this summer also means Dortmund clear more.

I don't begrudge his dad getting wedged, as he gave up that big pay day when they initially chose Dortmund, and he WILL have the biggest say on this.

As for Mino, seems to be going rate for him.

Pogba, Lukaku, Ibrahimovic and Mkhitaryan, saw him collect around £50m in combined fees.

All the same, he will simply carry out what Alf Inge tells him to.

Which could be very good news, fingers crossed.

I was gonna let my two season tickets go, but to see Messi and Haaland in the same team might persuade me otherwise!!

I have to say I think Mino has done a really excellent job with Haaland so far so I don't begrudge him the money we will spend there.

I don't know how exactly his career was planned between the 3 of them, but going from Norway to Red Bull Salzberg when a lot of big clubs wanted him as a youth prospect, leveraging that to get the low buyout, then using that buyout to pick the perfect stepping stone in Dortmund, moving at exactly the right time, and with another buyout included so he's not trapped like Sancho is.

He'll make himself a lot of money with 3 transfers in 4 years, but they've also picked the perfect club for the kid's development at each junction.

I have to say I think Mino has done a really excellent job with Haaland so far so I don't begrudge him the money we will spend there.

I don't know how exactly his career was planned between the 3 of them, but going from Norway to Red Bull Salzberg when a lot of big clubs wanted him as a youth prospect, leveraging that to get the low buyout, then using that buyout to pick the perfect stepping stone in Dortmund, moving at exactly the right time, and with another buyout included so he's not trapped like Sancho is.

He'll make himself a lot of money with 3 transfers in 4 years, but they've also picked the perfect club for the kid's development at each junction.

He gets a bad rep, but he always delivers for his clients, which is why he is loathed by the top clubs and loved by the top players.

My Bro has worked with him down the years and has nothing but admiration for how Mino operates.

He was once sat around a table with him and Mario at Victor's restaurant in Hale.

Plenty of horseplay from Mario and his mates, taking the piss out of Mino, etc...

Mario being Mario, takes it too far and slaps Mino around the face.

Mino is humiliated and gets his coat. Mario pleading with him not to go and how he is the best agent in the world.

Mino says nothing and leaves anyway. Mario spends next month ringing him to say sorry!!

The same reason we back out of deals...we believe the value isn't there for what is being asked? Maybe they thought Sancho wasn't worth that much (100m)....I'd agree on that as mo way he is better at present than sane was for instance. No idea about the loan but they still manage to spend money regardless of their huge debt

It be different because we have to replace Sergio With the best out there we will break the bank for the right striker! In the last 12 years we spent around 125m on strikers! Sergio Dzeko Tevez negrado Jesus that’s about 12m a season!

It be different because we have to replace Sergio With the best out there we will break the bank for the right striker! In the last 12 years we spent around 125m on strikers! Sergio Dzeko Tevez negrado Jesus that’s about 12m a season!
Is that it bleeding hell didn’t know that

4/1 on sky bet looks tempting. My only reservations are that Dortmund won’t want to sell their two best players in one summer, although they may not even get in the CL at this rate.

Thing with Dortmund like Leicester they tell you a fee they will except give them that fee as long as the player is happy to come the deal is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.