Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haaland is a lump, slightly faster left footed Dzeko. And Bundesliga is a goalfest, a guy on loan from Watford can score a hat trick against Bayern. Seems like all upcoming strikers are either lump status or are nippy in channels but clueless against a deep block with no space (Werner, Mbappe, Rashford, Jovic). Where are the new Tevez/Suarez/Aguero/David Villa type players who are good at more than one thing and can create for themselves

We have had the opportunity to do this on 3/4 occasions and the powers that be have failed to do so. Let’s hope this summer is different but have my doubts.
Very true, but the Kun replacement is a position the club has to get right, and I don't think money will be an issue, we need to buy the very best available, and that has to be Haaland.

Haaland is a lump, slightly faster left footed Dzeko. And Bundesliga is a goalfest, a guy on loan from Watford can score a hat trick against Bayern. Seems like all upcoming strikers are either lump status or are nippy in channels but clueless against a deep block with no space (Werner, Mbappe, Rashford, Jovic). Where are the new Tevez/Suarez/Aguero/David Villa type players who are good at more than one thing and can create for themselves
Slightly faster than Dzeko? So you've never actually seen him play, have you?

Something that irks me on this thread is the number of comments about how the club "has to get this right", with the implication being that if they don't drop £100m on Haaland then it's negligent and the poster will write an angry letter to Txiki.

At the same time we're watching Cancelo, Rodri and Gundogan playing key roles in a record winning run. Each of these has been written off as examples of the club "getting it wrong" in the recent past. I confess I had almost given up on Rodri and Cancelo coming good (always had a soft spot for Gundo) but it's been a lesson in humility and patience.

If we sign Haaland, great, but if we don't, I'm not concerned. Every summer there's a "must buy" or a "generational talent". Frenkie De Jong springs to mind.

Mostly already playing for us.

Something that irks me on this thread is the number of comments about how the club "has to get this right", with the implication being that if they don't drop £100m on Haaland then it's negligent and the poster will write an angry letter to Txiki.

At the same time we're watching Cancelo, Rodri and Gundogan playing key roles in a record winning run. Each of these has been written off as examples of the club "getting it wrong" in the recent past. I confess I had almost given up on Rodri and Cancelo coming good (always had a soft spot for Gundo) but it's been a lesson in humility and patience.

If we sign Haaland, great, but if we don't, I'm not concerned. Every summer there's a "must buy" or a "generational talent". Frenkie De Jong springs to mind.
I trust the board (generally), and Rodri, Cancelo and Gundogan have all turned it around, but top top strikers are at an all-time low. He's rapid, built for the Premier League and scores a fuck ton. We've got the most consistent goalscorer in Premier League history to replace, and I think he's the best chance we have to get to CL winning status. If we don't get him, we'll be fine, but we'd be several levels higher if we did.

Yeh we just beat the scousers 1-4 at there ground so its a must zero creativity and we struggle to score muppet !
Its a must to go into the summer and improve, if this season goes well we need to put our foot down. 2012-13 and 14-15 should have hopefully shown the club what happens when you dont as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.