Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to keep the thread simmering, if it comes off, i would expect him to be scoring from all over, using his pace and strength, a battering-ram when it suits, a fox and a sniper, rolled into one. a three-trick warhorse.
Hyperbole of course, but i've no doubt he would strengthen any team, some greatly, maybe not City as much as most, but even so, not being the main threat could see him reach an even higher level. Transfer plans/hopes go hand-in-hand with tits- up outcomes, as City fans well know. Wonder what the Norwegian is for "FFS".

Even if it’s true wouldn’t worry me. Once players get here they love the club and very few have left over the past few years.
Including the big guy. Wasn't his original contract for 5 years, up to 2021? Then he extended up to next summer. And there seems to be guarded optimism that he might (repeat for the hard of hearing, might) extend again. Once this club gets in your blood, it's hard to turn your back on it.

a good way to think isn't "is haaland going to be scoring the goals we're already scoring" but rather "is haaland going to score different types of goals that we're lacking at the moment"
What's the answer to that, though?

Part of the reason I was so hyped for Kane is that the answer was definitely yes. He knows how to score half-chances against compact EPL defences, he was a clinical pen-taker before we had Mahrez doing that, he was tall and strong on headers, and he could add long passes to any counter move we wanted to try. I'm not as convinced about Haaland adding new dimensions like that. He simply won't get the chance to score those goals where he shrugs off one defender, sprints at goal, and puts it away - there'll be six defenders now. He's not known for aerial ability, and as others have said, will Pep want to play enough counters for his speed and physicality to add goals for us there?

Don't get me wrong, I would be hyped as fuck for this signing. I do think he would add goals to our team, and complete the puzzle that Pep has been building. Make it happen. I want him. But I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't live up to expectations for a while, and I also don't think he's going to take us to some place of galactic dominance, because I'm just not sure if he adds different types of goals in the way that Kane/Ronaldo would have done. There's more than a few question marks around him, let's be honest, and the one you raise here is one of the biggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.