Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question and Im not trying to be controversial here, just interested in the thoughts of others . Consider the sort of football we play and how magnificent we can be without a number 9. (Is Haaland the answer?) (My Slight) worry arises from the amount of games we have been seeing lately where teams just play banks of 5 and 4 with 1 up front. I can understand people saying watching City is boring, (WAIT !) not City's fault at all! its because these teams are just sitting deeper and deeper and stifling our creativity. Bit of background, when i played (centre half) I loved a big striker to mark and when there wasnt one and it was a nippy (turn on a sixpence type of)forward i got moved about all over the place which I hated. Which is where I believe our success, sans BLUF type of striker stems from. So the question is... Would / will a 6ft 3in centre forward be as prolific, as he currently is, with the way most teams play against us.??
Teams won’t play the same way against us when we have a big, top striker.

I have a gut feeling that he'll not play as a traditional center forward (like Kane would have). Except for set pieces etc.

I think Haaland will play in Sterling's position. His primary assets will be speed and clinical finishes.

And I think he'll take a while to adapt to this role but be amazing once bedded in.
That’s a rather bizarre take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.