Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely don't think his piece has taken it much further, so would expect plenty of bed wetting and a wait until June at least.
June? that's a bit of a surprise there. Thought all the noise was we'll have a pretty good idea who he's signing for by the end of march, maybe april.

Do you think it's final that he joins city and this is just a lack of rush to announce?

June? that's a bit of a surprise there. Thought all the noise was we'll have a pretty good idea who he's signing for by the end of march, maybe april.

Do you think it's final that he joins city and this is just a lack of rush to announce?
His current contract doesn't end in the summer, just a release clause kicks in (allegedly) so Bosman rules don't apply and he cannot actually sign a contract with a new club until the old one is terminated. Hence any 'agreement' would be purely verbal at this stage. Dortmund need to find a replacement (which is amde more diffixcult if the other side know you've just had a windfall) and prospective new clubs don't want other clubs coming in and gazumping the verbal deal (Alves, anyone?). Hence it makes sense for all parties to keep it under wraps until actual legal contracts can be signed = June.

I just want to say that I love all of you guys (no homo)
We City fans are defo a different gravy.. CTID

His current contract doesn't end in the summer, just a release clause kicks in (allegedly) so Bosman rules don't apply and he cannot actually sign a contract with a new club until the old one is terminated. Hence any 'agreement' would be purely verbal at this stage. Dortmund need to find a replacement (which is amde more diffixcult if the other side know you've just had a windfall) and prospective new clubs don't want other clubs coming in and gazumping the verbal deal (Alves, anyone?). Hence it makes sense for all parties to keep it under wraps until actual legal contracts can be signed = June.
I think you could not sure on the legal standing but isnt that what the dippers did with the Keita release cluase? paid a premium to get a pre-agreement signed?

I don't think that's actually true. you can complete a deal right now even bindingly and on paper and have it take effect starting in the summer. Dortmund are forced to accept your offer as long as you say it takes effect in the summer, when his RC kicks in.

Alves is an irrelevant example as he was a free transfer, we simply allowed him to continue his vacation.

I think you could not sure on the legal standing but isnt that what the dippers did with the Keita release cluase? paid a premium to get a pre-agreement signed?
exactly, great example, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.