Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t have any homegrown spots. We are allowed a squad of 21 at least 4 must be homegrown plus 4 academy trained. So we have 1 free spot any more incomings than 1 will have to be one out one in. In fact don’t think Torres counts as U21 for c/l so we have no free spots for c/l.
So going back to my original point then, that would mean we'd have to let someone go if we were to bring in Messi and Haaland. Add to that the fact we need a left back and possible cover at CDM when/if Dinho leaves and its looking like a tricky juggling act.

The only two players I can see leaving to open up a spot are Dinho and Mendy.

So going back to my original point then, that would mean we'd have to let someone go if we were to bring in Messi and Haaland. Add to that the fact we need a left back and possible cover at CDM when/if Dinho leaves and its looking like a tricky juggling act.

Yes, but I don’t think it’s particularly tricky, Mendy and Fernandinho would go and be replaced, think Mahrez would make way if Messi came in. The obvious would be Aguero makes way for Haaland.
The only issue would be if Aguero extended to be around with Messi.
The obvious space to accommodate that would be Carson and promote an academy player to the 3 rd keeper.
The other option would be to go with Zinchenko, and Ake as left backs not sure about that myself though.

So; you've joined the ranks of the ITKs, eh? Tolmie won't be happy!
Ha, not at all. Just passing on something I’d heard as I thought it’d be of interest. Doesn’t mean we’ll definitely get him btw. We’ve been gazumped before and I wouldn’t trust Raiola as far as I could throw him!

Are we going for both Haaland and Messi ?

Haaland, Messi, Aguero, Jesus, Foden, Torres, Sterling and Mahrez - 8 players for 3 positions. That's overkill. Just need to replace Aguero with Haaland, and we are good.

I'm always going to trust Pep's opinion on central midfielders. It's his position, it's integral to his teams, no one knows what a player needs to excel in that position under Pep better than him.

My only worry would be if it's similar to Angelino, who Pep clearly wasn't interested in. But for £25m I don't think that's likely.
I think Pep really wanted him, as he was pissed when Luiz wasn't granted work permit straight from Brazil.

Hope and I think the club will have learnt lesson from paying big but not massive fees for relatively decent defenders instead of going balls deep for the best out there

We go for the best CF to fit our style and IMO this lad is it.

Fuck messing about going for Danny Ings or the like get this lad signed up.

Hope and I think the club will have learnt lesson from paying big but not massive fees for relatively decent defenders instead of going balls deep for the best out there

We did miss out on Maguire because we didn't want to overspend. Not always a bad thing but yes in this case I feel Haaland would be the ideal time to properly go big

Not sure you can compare it with any recent defender buying. They have mostly turned out okay. Two exceptions, Mangala and Mendy, but injuries have done for Mendy.
Other than that would say we’ve done well.If we do as well with our next centre forward we’ll be good

Aguero’s contract is up.

Mahrez unlikely to stay.

That’s space for Haaland and Messi straight off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.