Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we going for both Haaland and Messi ?

Haaland, Messi, Aguero, Jesus, Foden, Torres, Sterling and Mahrez - 8 players for 3 positions. That's overkill. Just need to replace Aguero with Haaland, and we are good.
Sell Mahrez for starters so its 3 positions and 7 players

Aguero cant/wont be play every game...injuries are starting to take their toll on him...It will allow Haaland to be brought on gradually which is something Pep likes to do with young players (B.Silva when he joined, Torres at the moment and Foden as well)

Messi wouldnt play every game either - he isnt playing every game for Barca...cant imagine Messi starting against Cheltenham or Swansea in the cup for instance.

Foden could end up playing a little deeper as Pep has alluded to previously.

The two stumbling blocks I see with this deal are:

1. Raiola -will the club deal with a man who has called Pep a "dog" in the past and with a man who has such a reputation for causing trouble behind the scenes with his players at clubs....you just know that If e got Haaland in 3 years time Raiola will be trying to get him a deal to Madrid, Bayern etc......our club wants players who are 110% committed and Raiiola's clients tend to have their heads turned by him on a regular basis.

2. The bidding war that will happen - we have shown in the past we have evaluations on players and wont go beyond this really. Other clubs will (Utd, Chelsea, Madrid, PSG)....and when the bidding war happens other clubs will simply go beyond what we are willing to pay in terms of transfer fee, wages and agents fees.

Of course there are a lot of attractions for Haaland to us....His dad playing for us, Playing in team that challenges for everything, style of play, playing for Pep and of course he will be very well paid

Not sure you can compare it with any recent defender buying. They have mostly turned out okay. Two exceptions, Mangala and Mendy, but injuries have done for Mendy.
Other than that would say we’ve done well.If we do as well with our next centre forward we’ll be good
I see pattern of names beginning with M
Mangala
Mendy
Mahrez
and nearly Maguire, what a waste of cash that is turning into and on top of that what an absolute dickhead he has become as well, the Utd way, I believe.

I see pattern of names beginning with M
Mangala
Mendy
Mahrez
and nearly Maguire, what a waste of cash that is turning into and on top of that what an absolute dickhead he has become as well, the Utd way, I believe.
Mother of God you may be onto something here.

We did miss out on Maguire because we didn't want to overspend. Not always a bad thing but yes in this case I feel Haaland would be the ideal time to properly go big
Haaland is on a very different level to Maguire, Maguire was a decent Premiership CB nothing more, Haaland has the ability and mentality to be the best striker on the planet for the next 10 years.

If the club have identified little Alf, he must be signed , even if we have to pay crazy money, which I do think we will have to pay.

Not sure you can compare it with any recent defender buying. They have mostly turned out okay. Two exceptions, Mangala and Mendy, but injuries have done for Mendy.
Other than that would say we’ve done well.If we do as well with our next centre forward we’ll be good
What I mean is we spunked money on Mangala, Savic etc and finally got it right with Dias

We did miss out on Maguire because we didn't want to overspend. Not always a bad thing but yes in this case I feel Haaland would be the ideal time to properly go big
Odd occasion we dodged the bullet such as Maguire and Sanchez

But we cant fuck about with Sergio's replacement

Most important decision his getting this right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.