Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
So; you've joined the ranks of the ITKs, eh? Tolmie won't be happy!

He is correct though! City only have the £25m option to buy this summer and it then expires, we deliberately left him there another year.

We believe he is worth at least £35-£40m, so it makes complete sense just on that score.

However, we have lodged a firm note of interest with Villa on Grealish and I think that is what we are leveraging, to get him cheaper.

Haaland is also correct.

The two stumbling blocks I see with this deal are:

1. Raiola -will the club deal with a man who has called Pep a "dog" in the past and with a man who has such a reputation for causing trouble behind the scenes with his players at clubs....you just know that If e got Haaland in 3 years time Raiola will be trying to get him a deal to Madrid, Bayern etc......our club wants players who are 110% committed and Raiiola's clients tend to have their heads turned by him on a regular basis.

2. The bidding war that will happen - we have shown in the past we have evaluations on players and wont go beyond this really. Other clubs will (Utd, Chelsea, Madrid, PSG)....and when the bidding war happens other clubs will simply go beyond what we are willing to pay in terms of transfer fee, wages and agents fees.

Of course there are a lot of attractions for Haaland to us....His dad playing for us, Playing in team that challenges for everything, style of play, playing for Pep and of course he will be very well paid

Raiola doesn't have as much of a say in his next move as many would assume.

His dad Alfie is the boss.

That is encouraging

In your opinion, do you think we will go all out for him?

We already have. It will be this summer or not at all, that much has been made clear.

I don't think money is an issue, otherwise we wouldn't be willing to pay such a high premium ahead of his buyout clause the following year.

Let's hope his dad is as influential as we think!

Crazy to think it could be him and Messi at a combined transfer cost of £90m!

Are we going for both Haaland and Messi ?

Haaland, Messi, Aguero, Jesus, Foden, Torres, Sterling and Mahrez - 8 players for 3 positions. That's overkill. Just need to replace Aguero with Haaland, and we are good.
Don't forget Grealish and Harrison. :-)

Dortmund won't be selling Haaland to Bayern this summer either. Less chance than Chelsea.

Why are you talking about Raiola again? I thought I'd answered that pretty clearly. City can and will speak directly to Alfie, who is also part of his management team and will also receive a commission for the transfer. I also heard about a year ago that he was Khaldoon's guest at a game and the two men had a private meal together. I can't imagine they were chatting about Alfie's City days.

Why would his relationship with Ole be a factor? He isn't looking for a mate, nor is he looking for another father figure. He'll be looking for the best coach available who will improve him. Also, if his relationship with Ole was so strong, then why did he choose Dortmund and Lucien Favre when United were ready to pay his clause from Salzburg.

I think that you're very very wrong in a lot of the 'factors' that you consider to be important. I think you should focus on the football. Haaland is that kinda guy.
Because his relatinship with Pep is poor at best so that must be a factor for Raiola at least.....(though TH has now said he wont be as much as a factor as previous) but thats why I mention it (I dont think you mentioned anything about Raiola in your post except that he does a very good job for his clients).

Players look for managers they like..Plenty of people on here say that Pep is a factor for us getting transfer targets..the fact that OGS has worked with Haaland previously (and gave him his chance I believe) and Haaland supposedly respects him surely must come into a players thinking even just a little......I heard on here the reason why he didnt choose utd was because he wasnt sure about the longevity of OGs initially....well he seems to be surviving....They may well get champs league this year as will we so that will be a factor in Haalands thinking (you would assume) -

I dont consider that these are all the factors at all (I mentioned about style of play, chance of winning things, managers). I was just asking genuine questions. Players want a variety of things and some different to others...some motivated purely by money, some the complete opposite.

To not consider these also as factors (however so slight) would be wrong as well

We already have. It will be this summer or not at all, that much has been made clear.

I don't think money is an issue, otherwise we wouldn't be willing to pay such a high premium ahead of his buyout clause the following year.

Let's hope his dad is as influential as we think!

Crazy to think it could be him and Messi at a combined transfer cost of £90m!
Wow....thats genuinely exciting....90m for Haaland would be a great bit of business....he wouldnt come into his prime for another 3 -4 years

Will Kun being here (or not) affect anything with regards to Haaland? I wonder if Kun will accept a reduced role within the team or whether he will see it as a reason to finally say goodbye - I guess some of it depends on how the season pans out....Ie win the league/champs league and go out on a high or not win one of those/either of those and stay and fight for one more year as part of a squad that with those two additions you mention would have a very good chance of dominating everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.