Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it’s because he passes himself off as someone with connections and insider knowledge. Lots of people do that of course but he has become the best known with his “here we go“ phrase.

So someone with genuine insider info, albeit from mainly one club like TH, may get annoyed at how he portrays himself.

I used to believe him myself but I think he’s a bit cringy now trying to cover all outcomes because he knows very little. I saw him on City Xtra a while ago and he looked uncomfortable sitting on his fence.

If people are realistic, the industry of transfer news is fairly unreliable because there simply isn't enough news to satisfy the audience demand. Which is why you get the pantomime nonsense which you see across all media outlets.

I do think sometimes people underestimate how noisy football people are. Say a City contingent is meeting a Haaland contingent? How many people - from drivers to office staff booking flights to conference rooms - are going to be involved in that? How easy is it to tell whether a meeting went well? That's before you even have the politics of leaks and stuff. Half the club will know before anything is confirmed, and half of City is a couple of hundred people at this point.

I have a mate who works at club, no where near the top, but reasonably well-connected, and she hears all sorts of things all the time.

I think you do a disservice to the football businessmen who run many of the top clubs, and many of the smaller one’s too.
Yes most buying & selling is pretty open, as having price competition for a sale is beneficial to the selling club, so there are plenty of ‘leaks‘, but when serious people want to keep commercially sensitive information under wraps then that’s where it stays, as you’ll know by the occasional “out of the blue” signing for our club.
If your friend just ‘hears stuff’ then it’s stuff that doesn’t matter or she works for idiots not worthy of their roles.

I don’t get how people can imagine that businesses with multimillion pound turnover could be successfully run without any commercial confidentiality just because they happen to be involved in football.

Myself personally I don't like Romano but fair play making a living out of being a complete spoofer! He's reeled in alot of brainless idiots and making money from it.
I get more annoyed at the people that think he's the go to man for news, It's pathetic. Are these people really that gullible? We'll the obviously are, The highest order of stupidity.

Everyone, myself included is prone to indulging in confirmation bias. I wanted Kane last summer so when people I knew told me it was definitely happening, I believed it and ignored the Spurs side. Equally, people who didn't want it to happen were yelling that City weren't interested. Ultimately, transfers are complicated and even those closest to a deal can think something will happen, only for it to not happen.

I always think back to Dani Alves and City having a contingent waiting for him, when he was on a plane to Paris.

Everyone, myself included is prone to indulging in confirmation bias. I wanted Kane last summer so when people I knew told me it was definitely happening, I believed it and ignored the Spurs side. Equally, people who didn't want it to happen were yelling that City weren't interested. Ultimately, transfers are complicated and even those closest to a deal can think something will happen, only for it to not happen.

I always think back to Dani Alves and City having a contingent waiting for him, when he was on a plane to Paris.

Obviously the big difference here is that there's only 2 parties in this transfer - City & Haaland.

If it had been that way with Kane, he'd be here right now. Dortmund cannot do what Spurs did and that simplifies everything, the release clause is what it is.

Obviously the big difference here is that there's only 2 parties in this transfer - City & Haaland.

If it had been that way with Kane, he'd be here right now. Dortmund cannot do what Spurs did and that simplifies everything, the release clause is what it is.

I'm not talking about Haaland, more in general. And the Alves example stands. City had a deal agreed with all parties and he got on a plane to Paris and signed there. C'est la vie.

It’s all getting very negative over there.

They are really struggling now. The insinuation is Erling is stupid and only going to City so his Dad and agent can get the biggest pay-off.

Imagine if he was reading all this and RM were still an option…I know he won’t be but still….

It’s all getting very negative over there.

Nasty City swaying player's and agents minds with their money, which comes from uncertain sources, possibly linked to a state. Say Real Madrid.

If it down to football and evolving as a player, he chooses city and pep. If he prefers sun, sea and bikinis, he chooses Spain. Arguably he'd get more money in Spain too, as we're unlikely to break our wage structure for him.

So a bit of smoke and mirrors here, but the reason for it suggests they are not too confident :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.