Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the project involves a development process using designers and large scale implementation teams then there’s obviously a limit to what can be contained but that’s not the case when there’s a decision to be made by a handful of professionals regards buying a company or, in the case of football, buying a player.

Look, with respect, I can see that you’re a shrewd bloke, obviously spent a lot of time in the upper eschewing of business, so I’ll offer you a 10% discount on those magic beans I have and throw in a unicorn for good measure.
So just to be clear: we have established that there are many cases where gossip is hard to contain, including in my original examples, and including when a footballer is being signed? And that the role of journalists, which is what I study and I'm an expert in, is to report on those noises?

Absolute horseshit, bud. By your premise, journalists would never get a story.

Contacts are developed over many years, usually when people were still working up the ladder.

Aside from legal documents, steers, briefs or leaks happen in every facet of everyday society.

My cousin runs a hedge fund and secured £400m in the Emirates last month, he knows what he tells me is of interest for me, won't piss on his own chips.

I knew the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester had been dead ten hours before it was announced, simply because of the huge chain of departments across the Force.

Worsley Web on here will share commercially sensitive info re City stadium plans because he works in the industry.
No, mate, the only people that know about football transfers are the player and the club, and it would be DEEPLY unprofessional for anyone to ever speak to the press. He works as a commercial director, don't you know, no one talked about anything and nothing got past him.

Absolute horseshit, bud. By your premise, journalists would never get a story.

Contacts are developed over many years, usually when people were still working up the ladder.

Aside from legal documents, steers, briefs or leaks happen in every facet of everyday society.

My cousin runs a hedge fund and secured £400m in the Emirates last month, he knows what he tells me is of interest for me, won't piss on his own chips.

I knew the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester had been dead ten hours before it was announced, simply because of the huge chain of departments across the Force.

Worsley Web on here will share commercially sensitive info re City stadium plans because he works in the industry.

You’re talking about a “huge chain of departments across the force” therefore lots of people involved which isn’t comparable to say a company take over etc. Apples vs oranges.

But being as ‘your cousin’ ;-) runs a hedge fund and doesn’t have the wherewithal to not brag about his massive deals, I’ll offer you a 15% discount on the magic beans and 2 unicorns.
But you can keep your horseshit because that’s all it is.

No, mate, the only people that know about football transfers are the player and the club, and it would be DEEPLY unprofessional for anyone to ever speak to the press. He works as a commercial director, don't you know, no one talked about anything and nothing got past him.

Ooh, I could tell you anything and be sure it wouldn’t get out because you’ve got the memory of a goldfish.
I said that I ‘worked’ as a commercial director . . as in past tense, but you still have me in employment :-D :-D :-D

You drive a hard bargain so I’ll give 25% discount on the magic beans and throw in a cock & bull story about a girl I know who works as a tea lady at a football club and gets to hear absolutely everything because senior executives in football can’t keep their bloody traps shut - damn them!

And btw, maybe you’ve noticed how there are occasions where business men involved in football don’t just keep the purchase of a player under wraps, until the deal is agreed, but keeps the purchase of a whole football club under wraps until the deal is done.

If unsure you should Google CFG, I believe that they’re involved in footie and sometimes do a bit of that.

Last edited:

Imagine all the stories which would never have been told if this was the case, eh?

Imagine all those people sat in the garden at No.10, content in the knowledge nobody would dare ever rat them out?

Football is the biggest sieve in journalism.

Media just don’t want Haaland at City. It would show a change in football that the next superstar has turned down “the amazing spanish clubs etc European royalty“ For a in the medias eyes a “ oil club/money club“ the Media meltdown is starting now and when he does sign it will be full blown panic stations.

If people are realistic, the industry of transfer news is fairly unreliable because there simply isn't enough news to satisfy the audience demand. Which is why you get the pantomime nonsense which you see across all media outlets.
This is it, in a nutshell. Equally, whoever you are and whoever you know, until the ink has dried on the contract, nothing is ever really certain, no matter what people like to believe.

You’re talking about a “huge chain of departments across the force” therefore lots of people involved which isn’t comparable to say a company take over etc. Apples vs oranges.

But being as ‘your cousin’ ;-) runs a hedge fund and doesn’t have the wherewithal to not brag about his massive deals, I’ll offer you a 15% discount on the magic beans and 2 unicorns.
But you can keep your horseshit because that’s all it is.

It's gross naivety or arrogance on your part.

Instead of taking magic beans, perhaps take a more humble view that there are always people who have access to information and readily share it whichever sphere they work in.

We get company takeovers discussed on the golf course FFS!

There are huge chains of departments across football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.