Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone, myself included is prone to indulging in confirmation bias. I wanted Kane last summer so when people I knew told me it was definitely happening, I believed it and ignored the Spurs side. Equally, people who didn't want it to happen were yelling that City weren't interested. Ultimately, transfers are complicated and even those closest to a deal can think something will happen, only for it to not happen.

I always think back to Dani Alves and City having a contingent waiting for him, when he was on a plane to Paris.
Very understandable that side of things, At least yourself, tolm, 93:20 ect give info months in advance and put your neck on the line regarding transfers.

How hard is it to announce a deal that's already been announced on the official clubs websites and still get credit for it? That's what makes me laugh, "Romano has announced that he has signed". As I've said fair fucks to him announcing announced deals and making a living from it.

I think you grossly overestimate your own management skills or have never worked in an industry like the creative and leisure industries that have entire gossip industries attached to them if you think the only thing that ever gets out is stuff that the commercial director wanted to get out. The idea that Microsoft don't value commercial confidentiality or don't care about info that gets into the press when they are developing a console is laughable.
When the project involves a development process using designers and large scale implementation teams then there’s obviously a limit to what can be contained but that’s not the case when there’s a decision to be made by a handful of professionals regards buying a company or, in the case of football, buying a player.

Look, with respect, I can see that you’re a shrewd bloke, obviously spent a lot of time in the upper eschewing of business, so I’ll offer you a 10% discount on those magic beans I have and throw in a unicorn for good measure.

Attachments

• 02E11636-ED7E-4523-BBCC-C6E182A5D0FA.jpeg
    02E11636-ED7E-4523-BBCC-C6E182A5D0FA.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 20
I worked as a commercial director for companies of all sizes from SME to ftse 100 and there was only ever ‘noise’ when commercial confidentiality didn’t matter.
When confidentiality matters it stays confidential in all industries including football so nobody should fool themselves into thinking that the gossip they hear is in any way special - they only hear it because it doesn’t matter or because it’s a deliberate release to fool those who believe in magic beans.

btw. I have some magic beans for sale if anyone’s interested?
Agreed to a degree. But one thing I learned VERY early on in business is that it takes both sides to keep their traps shut for something to remain confidential. )(

I worked as a commercial director for companies of all sizes from SME to ftse 100 and there was only ever ‘noise’ when commercial confidentiality didn’t matter.
When confidentiality matters it stays confidential in all industries including football so nobody should fool themselves into thinking that the gossip they hear is in any way special - they only hear it because it doesn’t matter or because it’s a deliberate release to fool those who believe in magic beans.

btw. I have some magic beans for sale if anyone’s interested?

Absolute horseshit, bud. By your premise, journalists would never get a story.

Contacts are developed over many years, usually when people were still working up the ladder.

Aside from legal documents, steers, briefs or leaks happen in every facet of everyday society.

My cousin runs a hedge fund and secured £400m in the Emirates last month, he knows what he tells me is of interest for me, won't piss on his own chips.

I knew the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester had been dead ten hours before it was announced, simply because of the huge chain of departments across the Force.

Worsley Web on here will share commercially sensitive info re City stadium plans because he works in the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.