Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn't of accepted a year and the amount of wages he would of been on it would of been extremely hard to shift afterwards. On top of that we would of kissed goodbye signing Haaland if we did. Kane was the player but Levy refused to sell (which in the long term isn't a bad thing)
The reported City/Ronaldo deal was 12 months at £15m with the option of a second. ManUre slithered in & offered him a 2 year deal on £28m per season, & the rest as they say is history.

Last edited:
H

The reported City/Ronaldo deal was 12 months at £15m with the option of a second. ManUre slithered in & offered him a 2 year deal on £28m per season, & the rest as they say is history.
I wasn't totally against it but it wouldn't of been the wisest of signings either

We'll if Pep flops the league too then he has to walk. I don't think there's anyway his position is tenable if that happens. That is the minimum we can go down to after the disappointing FA and CL semi exits and the fact we had a sizeable lead in this competition.
What? Are you mad? Taking the piss?

We wouldn't want Ronaldo anyway, not out stlye bringing old players in that don't press or track back, just wants all the plaudits, plus we definitely wouldn't be getting Haaland had we brought him in, only reason I'd have taken him is to totally piss the rags off
Ronaldo was a proposed stop gap signing. One where City probably reasoned if he was free & on £15m for the season, then why not?

He's still lethal in front of goal, was on cheap enough wages & crucially he would've given us options until we signed our targeted long term replacements.

ManUre slithered in & offered 2 years at £28m per season & that was that. As for City, any potential deal had to be on our terms... Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

It didn't happen anyway, so we went into a second season without a recognised striker, & games like last night's showed the importance of a deadly striker in tight games of the highest calibre.

We just need 2 strikers, a right back (Cancelo is better at LB imho), and a CDM & we'll be in a far stronger position next season.

Such a lazy comparison. What about Rooney territory? Play from 16 until his 30s at a high level.
Pretty much everyone said the same thing about Rooney as well, although i don't think his injury record was that bad he was fucked towards the end of his career. Burn out can't be ignored, it's mentioned by every big manager that they want to bring players gradually into the fold and this is one of the reasons.

Pretty much everyone said the same thing about Rooney as well, although i don't think his injury record was that bad he was fucked towards the end of his career. Burn out can't be ignored, it's mentioned by every big manager that they want to bring players gradually into the fold and this is one of the reasons.
As much as I hate him as a RAG, Rooney gets some unfair treatment. For me, he has been the greatest ever English born player, at least what I’ve seen. He was unplayable at the peak of his powers. It was because he was so good, that when his performances dropped, he got a hard time.

Anyway, Haaland is an absolute must for us. With him last night, and over the two legs, we would have been out of sight. Was saying to my mate today, we have some absolutely incredible players. Our only problem is, we change like for like and can’t really being something ‘different’ off the bench.

He wouldn't of accepted a year and the amount of wages he would of been on it would of been extremely hard to shift afterwards. On top of that we would of kissed goodbye signing Haaland if we did. Kane was the player but Levy refused to sell (which in the long term isn't a bad thing)
The reported take it or leave it deal was apparently for a free transfer & a 12 month deal at £15m with an option for another 12 months if BOTH parties agreed.

City didn't pursue Ronaldo. He walked away from Juvé vowing never to return & Juvé needed him off their payroll. Trying to get a transfer fee was a bonus.

City were offered him at a £30m transfer fee. We apparently told Juvé & Ronaldo's people our terms & it was seriously considered until ManUre slithered in, offered the full transfer fee & the requested wage, because their fans were in uproar at the thought of their hero wearing the Sky Blue of City. Off to Old Toilet he returned.

City lost nothing in exploring the offer & imo we did the right thing in considering it & then not exploring it any further when ManUre swung into action.

Surely Haaland will need a season of getting to understand Pep's tactics before he starts banging them in for us, that's how it goes isn't it ?
So, who plays CF until Haaland is ready in 2023 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.