Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't totally against it but it wouldn't of been the wisest of signings either
Mate, that was exactly City's position. An opportunity presented itself outside of our longterm plan, so we correctly explored it.

At a £30m transfer fee & two seasons at £28m, City weren't interested & made their take it or leave it offer of a free transfer & one season on £15m, with an option for a second.

It became a moot point when the Rags stole in & gave Juvé & Ronaldo exactly what they wanted. City gained nor lost anything.

The reported take it or leave it deal was apparently for a free transfer & a 12 month deal at £15m with an option for another 12 months if BOTH parties agreed.

City didn't pursue Ronaldo. He walked away from Juvé vowing never to return & Juvé needed him off their payroll. Trying to get a transfer fee was a bonus.

City were offered him at a £30m transfer fee. We apparently told Juvé & Ronaldo's people our terms & it was seriously considered until ManUre slithered in, offered the full transfer fee & the requested wage, because their fans were in uproar at the thought of their hero wearing the Sky Blue of City. Off to Old Toilet he returned.

City lost nothing in exploring the offer & imo we did the right thing in considering it & then not exploring it any further when ManUre swung into action.
Maybe Ronaldo would of accepted a short term deal but it would of been a more trouble than it was worth despite us being short for a season. It was a slightly concerning we explored it. More of an expensive version of Bony but without the rest of the strikers and attacking options on our books.

Maybe Ronaldo would of accepted a short term deal but it would of been a more trouble than it was worth despite us being short for a season. It was a slightly concerning we explored it
We were in panic mode at the time

Maybe Ronaldo would of accepted a short term deal but it would of been a more trouble than it was worth despite us being short for a season. It was a slightly concerning we explored it
Not really mate, as City had nothing to lose & everything to gain with a deal for Ronaldo. On top of that, it'd have been another "Welcome to Manchester" moment if nothing else.

I've been in similar situations where something I could do with, but could also live without was offered & I've done exactly the same thing every time. Stated what it was worth to me & told the other party to take it or leave it. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. But if it was never part of your longterm plans anyway, you don't actually really lose at all imo.

Where I'd have been really worried is if Ronaldo became a key part of our plans. That would've shown a complete breakdown in the club's forward planning, post-Aguero.

Pretty much everyone said the same thing about Rooney as well, although i don't think his injury record was that bad he was fucked towards the end of his career. Burn out can't be ignored, it's mentioned by every big manager that they want to bring players gradually into the fold and this is one of the reasons.
I think Ronaldo would have fit in ok here. He has fellow Portuguese mates in Bernardo and Cancelo here. Not sure how they get along but they seem to play well together. Glad we didn’t get him ultimately, but a 1 yr stop gap wouldn’t have been horrible.

We'll if Pep flops the league too then he has to walk. I don't think there's anyway his position is tenable if that happens. That is the minimum we can go down to after the disappointing FA and CL semi exits and the fact we had a sizeable lead in this competition.

The only untenable thing here is your single brain cell.

We'll if Pep flops the league too then he has to walk. I don't think there's anyway his position is tenable if that happens. That is the minimum we can go down to after the disappointing FA and CL semi exits and the fact we had a sizeable lead in this competition.
Dont you start, jesus its bad enough with all the doom and gloom from the other idiot, step back & have a look where we were & where we are now, Pep is the best manager we have ever had & probably will be the best we ever have, we cant win every Fuc#ing game for christ sake!
Just out of interest in your big masterplan if Pep walks who the hell are you going to get in thats any better? get a Fuc#ing grip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.