Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to Steve Nicol for giving a balanced opinion.

Nedum was also bang on when he said it's not City's fault if the league is uncompetitive, it's down to the likes of United and Chelsea not being good enough.

The thing none of them mentioned is that Bayern’s revenue is €300m greater than Dortmunds, €400m greater than Leipzig’s and €450m more than Wolfsburgs - the next 3 biggest earners in Germany. Their wage bill is 2x bigger than Dortmund and 3x bigger than Leipzig.

These are the conditions that make a league uncompetitive. The PL top 4 all have financial parity, Arsenal and Spurs not that far behind. If 1 team dominates in England it’s because of rank mismanagement at the other clubs.

The thing none of them mentioned is that Bayern’s revenue is €300m greater than Dortmunds, €400m greater than Leipzig’s and €450m more than Wolfsburgs - the next 3 biggest earners in Germany. Their wage bill is 2x bigger than Dortmund and 3x bigger than Leipzig.
Now do France just for the shock value lol

These are the conditions that make a league uncompetitive. The PL top 4 all have financial parity, Arsenal and Spurs not that far behind. If 1 team dominates in England it’s because of rank mismanagement at the other clubs.
I think Shaka Hislop tried to make a similar point when he mentioned what United and Everton have spent but just didn't elaborate on it like you have there.

Yep, I first heard the release clause mentioned in Euros last summer when neither PSG nor Spuds would play ball with Mbappé & Kane respectively, so Haaland was touted as an alternative for both Real & City.

However Dortmund said Haaland wasn't for sale & that's when news of the €63m release clause between February & July 2022 came out. I've seen 50, 60, 65, 70 & 75 million mention in both Euro's & GBP's, but €63m was the figure that stuck in my mind mate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.