Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to Steve Nicol for giving a balanced opinion.

Nedum was also bang on when he said it's not City's fault if the league is uncompetitive, it's down to the likes of United and Chelsea not being good enough.
Guys like Nedum, Nicol and Burley are the reason this is the only football discussion show I watch. They just filter through the cliche nonsense and talk like people who know the game.

Sky Sports and BT have tragically bad pundits. Nobody needs Michael Owens opinion on anything.

Guys like Nedum, Nicol and Burley are the reason this is the only football discussion show I watch. They just filter through the cliche nonsense and talk like people who know the game.

Sky Sports and BT have tragically bad pundits. Nobody needs Michael Owens opinion on anything.

How do you watch the show; YouTube? Always enjoyed listening to the show when I have watched clips on twitter…

Madrid are Spanish champions, just mugged us off, are in the UCL finale, and are lined up to sign the most exciting winger of his generation, and yet their relentless small-dick-energy is plastered all over the internet just because One Norwegian Boi chose a club from another country entirely over him. That's what decades of propaganda must do to you.

I understand that mate but I feel this doesn't happen with any other club.
Fans of all clubs say the same about their teams. Footy fans are a sensitive bunch, our lot included mate.

Don't take any of it to heart, because if the ESPN presenter turned the programme into a City love in, only City fans would tune in & ultimately viewers make TV networks money.

I prefer when presenters do this, because it becomes gladiatorial & gives the likes of Nedum, Micah, Joleon & Dunney the opportunity to put them straight with factual City narratives.

Will it stop the accusations of our success being tainted because we're a oil money club who've bought our success? No. HOWEVER, it gave Nedum the opportunity to point out how much the Rags & the Chavs have spent, & how their seasons tailed off.

Nicol pointed out that success was bought & dominance maintained for the Dippers throughout the 70s & 80s, & ManUre throughout the 90s & 2000s. Money doesn't guarantee success, but outside of Leicester, I can't recall any team achieving success without spending bucket loads, City included.

Also mentioning Everton was damning. Look how much they've spent & how they're now battling relegation. Level headed opposition fans listening to that will begin to realise that having the money is one thing, but spending it wisely so it translates into longterm success is a whole other ball game. (Pardon the pun)

How do you watch the show; YouTube? Always enjoyed listening to the show when I have watched clips on twitter…
I have a subscription to ESPN Player because I follow American college sports pretty closely. That's £70 a year so it isn't worth getting just for ESPN FC.

I think its on BT Sport but the full show is available as audio only on Spotify.

For the last couple of months there has imo been more urgency in getting the ball in the box, more balls being zipped in and not being floated in. Whether we are slowly changing our style for Him only time will tell.

Gab Marcotti and Julien Laurens also talk very objectively on their podcast.

Sky and BT just employ pundits who will say whatever United and Liverpool fans want to hear.

He's not saying we're paying less than the release clause, he's saying the release clause isn't the €75m that's being reported. Most sensible journalists are saying the clause is closer to €60m.
Still much, much less than the crazy figures the outrage merchants are coming up with either way.
I always thought it was €63m. That was the strongest, most consistent figure I heard from last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.