Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am almost certainly wrong but my theory is that ..
1. Haaland replaces Sterling, because he's most sellable. Leaves us short an English Mon man.
2. Grealish joins as the English man and to compete on the left while developing his possible CM skills (like Foden) so that we are covered when Gundogan and KDB age too much. F. U. father time!!!!!
3. Messi replaces Aguero for a couple of years.
4. Mahrez mysteriously is in the equation too.
5. Jesus, Torres and Delap behind then continue to grow. And grow. And grow.
Zzzzzzz......
I'd rather cut out the middle man and Haaland replaces Grealish and Raz stays where he is.

I don't think TonyM is that unreasonable. Much will depend on Sterling's wage demands, he is already on £300k a week. Would be difficult to argue that he is worth 400-500k a week, as for that money you'd want absolutely clinical forward. He would be probably earning more or as much as Haaland or KDB with that wage!

City do have some negotiation leverage in the form of Grealish, i.e a top drawer English player we could sign.

Sterling has 2 years left on his deal after this season, so its contract negotiation time really.

Last edited:
Maybe we can commemorate the anniversary by sticking Keane in a stocks in the Etihad centre circle and letting Alfie take a few shots at his knee with a sledgehammer?
Would be much better halftime entertainment than Ferris chatting shit in the pitch.

I'd even stay and watch rather than going for a piss whether I needed one or not as I do to escape his tones.

I don't believe these latest rumours for one second even as good as we've been this season.

Could be Dortmund and/or Raiola sending this out for their own interests in getting the most they can.

Assumption is surely we'll pay the most in fees/wages of those he might actually be willing to go and both could easily be trying to exploit circumstances.

There's a real risk of no CL for Dortmund and then he will want out, surely.

If that happens Dortmund will want the MAX fee they can get, especially with no CL which we hear would be really problematic for them, financially.

How do you do that? Usually it's be linked to the richest and/or best clubs willing to spend.

The usual suspects, Real Madrid and Barca aren't doing so well and have money problems. United is not good enough either on both ends, and already have a far lower reputation than the past.

High debt clubs who escaped FFP prior to COVID are not able to now as the revenues aren't as high as they were.

Yet, they aren't so great, especially RM and Barca, and they are still destination clubs for young talent as Haaland.

We know there's the release clause for next season that's less than what they'd get if they sell.

So, this can easily be leaked as simple preparation for setting the market price as high as possible for this summer if they have to sell.

That being said..

The way things are going we are in the best position we possibly could to buy him at this moment.

Just make sure the competitors for his signature don't win CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.