Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

You were trying to embed the page not the image, right click on the image and open it in a separate tab, then use that URL.
I’m on an iPad. It’s hit and miss for me whether they work or not.

Haaland in the bundesliga

21 Appearances
21 goals
5 assists

Thats insane

With rumours of Mahrez potentially being sold since he isn't signing a contract extension, I can actually see Haaland coming in and shifting Jesus to the wings and still keeping the squad balanced.

This gives us Jesus, Ferran, Foden and Sterling on the wings, with Haaland as the striker, having Delap as the backup option.

The other benefit here is that you can actually have Delap as an option if Jesus goes to the wings, and I think there is a benefit to the teams style that if we play in such a way that Haaland is our 9, which might require a slight change from our current false 9 setup, then Delap can slot into that perfectly because he is more similar to Haaland than Jesus.

On top of that, if the Grealish rumours have any weight, then the only way that works is if Foden plays in the midfield more often, so the squad looks like this for the attacking 5:

---------------------------------------------------------------Haaland/Jesus/Delap
Grealish/Jesus/Foden-----------Gundogan/Foden/Grealish------------KdB/Bernie--------------Ferran/Sterling/Foden

Perhaps that's just 1 player too many (9 in 5 spots, 10 if you count Delap)

Delap is being sent on loan which is the right thing to do for now. Which is why the rumors about a second striker like a Daka or a Ings make sense. Not Haaland OR one of them but Haaland AND one of them

With rumours of Mahrez potentially being sold since he isn't signing a contract extension, I can actually see Haaland coming in and shifting Jesus to the wings and still keeping the squad balanced.

This gives us Jesus, Ferran, Foden and Sterling on the wings, with Haaland as the striker, having Delap as the backup option.

The other benefit here is that you can actually have Delap as an option if Jesus goes to the wings, and I think there is a benefit to the teams style that if we play in such a way that Haaland is our 9, which might require a slight change from our current false 9 setup, then Delap can slot into that perfectly because he is more similar to Haaland than Jesus.

On top of that, if the Grealish rumours have any weight, then the only way that works is if Foden plays in the midfield more often, so the squad looks like this for the attacking 5:

---------------------------------------------------------------Haaland/Jesus/Delap
Grealish/Jesus/Foden-----------Gundogan/Foden/Grealish------------KdB/Bernie--------------Ferran/Sterling/Foden

Perhaps that's just 1 player too many (9 in 5 spots, 10 if you count Delap)
Jesus as a regular winger is not happening. Delap as 2nd choice striker also not happening within the next year or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.