Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delap is being sent on loan which is the right thing to do for now. Which is why the rumors about a second striker like a Daka or a Ings make sense. Not Haaland OR one of them but Haaland AND one of them
Delap being loaned I could also see, but I don't see us buying 2 strikers, that seems unnecessary to me.

I'd rather Jesus or Delap deputizing that back-up role. Delap being similar to Haaland to retain the style we play with Haaland.

Delap is being sent on loan which is the right thing to do for now. Which is why the rumors about a second striker like a Daka or a Ings make sense. Not Haaland OR one of them but Haaland AND one of them
No idea whether Delap will go on loan, he may well. Still can’t see 2 strikers, without somebody leaving we wouldn’t have room in the squad and we still have Jesus and the no striker option.

There’s been a rumor about this being Pep’s intention for next season

Rumours on an internet forum. It won’t happen. We already have Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Torres and Bernardo who can play wide. Obviously Bernardo has played regularly as an 8 too this season. If any of the current wingers leave we still have 4 options for the wide positions and I believe we would then go for Grealish as someone else who can play wide or as an 8 if needed.

If Jesus stays he’s 2nd choice forward.

I can't see us buying Haaland AND Grealish, no way will we pay getting on for £200m for the two of them.
I think we could get both for around 170.

Factor in players we can sell from loans (CFG signings), and even the potential sale of Mahrez (which is the only way I see Grealish going anyways), the net cost is probably only 100m. Easy for the club.

International break before UCL season is when we cover a lot of ground for most of our targets. I can't see Aguero staying longer, atleast not as our first choice striker from next season. We will HAVE TO have Aguero's successor as someone who can provide that same level of ability and marketability. If we still see reliable links to Haaland with some new information (developments, wages, on field interaction with Pep and City players), I genuinely think he's ours.

If not, I think we'll have moved on to our next target, and then we'll probably hear more reliable links with other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.