Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a premature discussion.

But don't see why that would be the case.

See you in a year and a half on this.

Sure. I hope he stays longer. But he was asked recently if he wanted to stay at city "forever". His answer was a quick "no". And then something about the weather.

7 Years at City sounds a lot like "forever" when you consider how long he has spent at his previous clubs.

But i agree that the discussion is premature, let's just enjoy the moment. :)

Sure. I hope he stays longer. But he was asked recently if he wanted to stay at city "forever". His answer was a quick "no". And then something about the weather.

7 Years at City sounds a lot like "forever" when you consider how long he has spent at his previous clubs.

But i agree that the discussion is premature, let's just enjoy the moment. :)
That is true, however his relationship with Sandro Rosell at Barça, in part facilitated his departure. Poor club leadership and management at Barça that is finally starting to show it’s fallout.

At Bayern, if you read between the lines in the book Pep Guardiola: The Evolution, it paints a similar picture as the one at Barca though much less dramatic. Rummenigge and Hoeness didn’t always support Pep and engaged in petty behavior.

Pep is to football coaches as Messi is to players. A debate about who is the greatest must include them. City give Pep the autonomy and support he probably feels he has earned. Which other jobs will provide that? Certainly none of the “history clubs” as they have a “club culture” and “way of doing things” that will get in his way and management is too stupid to figure out.

Bringing it back to Haaland - making a splash for the biggest signing by the club ever and possibly PL says “Whatever you need Pep, just keep up the good work.”

Fair enough, I just thought it went without saying that Haaland will go from media darling to obnoxious little shit who comes from a long line of dickheads after his dad tried to end Keane's career. Personally, I revel in it at this point.
What’s not to like about Keane having to commentate on city games with Haaland Jnr in the side. I would enjoy those mealy mouthed platitudes knowing that the piss would be simmering gently inside. Almost worth it for that reason alone!

Because? You know his mind set? Or you know what?

Because grown arse people who let the biggest decisions in their lives be dictated by how they guess the public perceive their every move are either soft as shit or are career politicians.

Is it something you'd prioritise above all else?

I'm not having a dig at you and I know just as much about Haaland as you do but I think you've simply made a point which isn't well thought out.

He'd get the money. He'd get the greatest coach of modern times. He'd get a club with serious domestic and European ambitions. He'd get to replace arguably the greatest striker of the Premier League era. He'd get to play in the country he was born in, for the team his dad played for and in a kit he grew up wearing.

I'm about as certain as I possibly can be that if he went elsewhere then it won't be anything to do with the fact that he was worried that people he'll never come into contact with will call him a hypocrite for wearing a t-shirt on international duty.

It simply doesn't add up.

Because grown arse people who let the biggest decisions in their lives be dictated by how they guess the public perceive their every move are either soft as shit or are career politicians.

Is it something you'd prioritise above all else?

I'm not having a dig at you and I know just as much about Haaland as you do but I think you've simply made a point which isn't well thought out.

He'd get the money. He'd get the greatest coach of modern times. He'd get a club with serious domestic and European ambitions. He'd get to replace arguably the greatest striker of the Premier League era. He'd get to play in the country he was born in, for the team his dad played for and in a kit he grew up wearing.

I'm about as certain as I possibly can be that if he went elsewhere then it won't be anything to do with the fact that he was worried that people he'll never come into contact with will call him a hypocrite for wearing a t-shirt on international duty.

It simply doesn't add up.
So you don't think anyone ever makes ethical choices? Fair enough. His links to the club were as a child. He may now be a man who sees the world differently. We don't know. Some people change. If I was tapping up on behalf of another club I would definitely be painting a bad ethical picture of our club given his protest. To call that nonsense on a forum about exploring everything that discusses muffins to Messi is rediculous.

We don't know.

Ok, so if we're going down that route then here's another few:

Maybe Haaland will have second thoughts because he's worried Ederson will put him in a chokehold?

Maybe Haaland might not want to come to Manchester because the idea of Noel Gallagher invading the locker room after every trophy win makes him feel nauseous?

Maybe Haaland actually hates his dad and this is all a smokescreen so that he can join united and personally thank Keane for trying to end Alfie's career?

I'm sure you can appreciate how ridiculous these notions are if you think them through for even a second.

If I was tapping up on behalf of another club I would definitely be painting a bad ethical picture of our club

Well it's fucking settled then, he's going to Forest Green and he's going to form a formidable striker partnership with Bob Geldoff.

Come on man, he's not passing this up simply because of a t-shirt.

Maybe Haaland will have second thoughts because he's worried Ederson will put him in a chokehold?

Maybe Haaland might not want to come to Manchester because the idea of Noel Gallagher invading the locker room after every trophy win makes him feel nauseous?

Maybe Haaland actually hates his dad and this is all a smokescreen so that he can join united and personally thank Keane for trying to end Alfie's career?

I'm sure you can appreciate how ridiculous these notions are if you think them through for even a second.

Well it's fucking settled then, he's going to Forest Green and he's going to form a formidable striker partnership with Bob Geldoff.

This has to be the most pathetic post I have seen on here ever. Get over yourself mate. Each and every time you have ignored the main point. Guess you are just a WUM. Obviously ethics is not Feature in your world view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.