Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
As ever with the Germans they are in much better shape than our equivalents. Fan owned with an 80k capacity stadium. Fan ownership means running by committee but unlike Barca they dont go from 1 BS regime to the next, and with no owner they dont run up debts. They have routinely sold players to other top CL clubs as they are not a glamour destination by any stretch but they are selling players as the players want to go not because they need the money. Covid has hit them like all others but they were not running the finances into the ground before as is standard elsewhere - this from there last set of accounts:
“Assets” meaning saleable players in this instance.

Pep has 2 years left on his contract, as it stands. I doubt he wants one of those years to be a repeat of is Sergio fit and should he start when he is. He will want a replacement now, not to sit on it for a year and then benefit from it only in his last season. Same for any position needing strengthening imho.

And I think Haaland thinks he is ready for the step up too.
I think this is pretty important.

Getting Pep the players he wants could possibly provide the necessary motivation to extend his stay.

Alternatively, Pep winning the UCL this year will probably go a long way to getting the club to splash some serious cash for one player in the transfer market.

I think this is pretty important.

Getting Pep the players he wants could possibly provide the necessary motivation to extend his stay.

Alternatively, Pep winning the UCL this year will probably go a long way to getting the club to splash some serious cash for one player in the transfer market.

You means beyond those 2 years? I think that is fairly unlikely.

You means beyond those 2 years? I think that is fairly unlikely.
Why? He has stated multiple times that he is happy at City, likes Manchester & England, and management supports him. There are achievements to be had here still, namely winning four straight Prems and the quadruple.

The team will be stacked going forward, with a lot of talent under the age of 27. The 21/22 City side with Haaland in it might be the best City version yet. 20/21 is probably going to get to 90 points without a striker most of the season and a shortened preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.