Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it’s early and there are many other factors involved but I worry about missing out on this transfer due to what it represents. Having the top talent in world football pick us signifies that we’re a good destination that the best players want to choose. If not it shows we still aren’t quite at that level. Some people here won’t care or think it’s important but sometimes it is

Why would they travel in person, in a pandemic? No coincidence FFP has been derailed, either. We’ve yet to buy an established great, and it’s a mountain every premier league side is yet to conquer.

Madrid/Barca can bend the finances and offer the sun. I fear a Kelechi buyback will be the solution.

True but why are Alfie Harland and Raiola very publicly meeting with Barca today if there is zero chance of signing him? Run down his contract?

Unless the pictures are an April fools joke.

You've answered your own question, why do it so publicly?

Who stands to gain from it...

A deal of such magnitude is done away from prying eyes, you certainly don't telegraph it for your rivals to counter and outbid you.

It serves Mino, it serves Laporte.

City would rather depend on Messi alone and wait than get played.

Thankfully, City are proper operators and know the lay of the land to inform their workings.

If BD are really saying they won’t sell this Summer I cant see this £90 million release clause being true even though the journalist is a good one.

You've answered your own question, why do it so publicly?

Who stands to gain from it...

A deal of such magnitude is done away from prying eyes, you certainly don't telegraph it for your rivals to counter and outbid you.

It serves Mino, it serves Laporte.

City would rather depend on Messi alone and wait than get played.

Thankfully, City are proper operators and know the lay of the land to inform their workings.

From an article on ESPN about Barca's debt

Everything's not just fine: over a billion euros in debt; wages accounting for 74% of the budget; a short-term debt of €720m; €186m in amortisations; a €488m loss in 2019-20; the need, somehow, to raise almost €200m this summer alone; a negative working capital of €602m; a long list of players to be paid for.

That list of players, by the way, makes for grim reading: €40m on Philippe Coutinho, €48 on Frenkie de Jong, €9.8m on Francisco Trincao, €52m on Miralem Pjanic (who only came as an act of financial engineering in the first place), €8m on Arthur (the man they sold while signing Pjanic, purely to bring the books in line), €6m on Emerson (who hasn't even arrived yet), €10.14m on Malcolm (who's been and gone). They still owe Bayern Munich for Arturo Vidal and Eibar for Marc Cucurella, and on it goes.

Yes, they're owed €46m by other clubs too -- although imagine if they default -- but they owe €126m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.