Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've answered your own question, why do it so publicly?

Who stands to gain from it...

A deal of such magnitude is done away from prying eyes, you certainly don't telegraph it for your rivals to counter and outbid you.

It serves Mino, it serves Laporte.

City would rather depend on Messi alone and wait than get played.

Thankfully, City are proper operators and know the lay of the land to inform their workings.

This every day of the week.

Expect plenty of posturing from everyone involved, there is far too much politics in play on this one for it to be straight forward.

Also add into this that culturally our owners do things very very quietly, very effectively AND professionally. Nothing will be in the papers, we won’t be playing this out in public and it wouldn’t surprise me if Alfie already knew our position, offer, contract details before this international break.

From personal experience dealing with the Abu Dhabi companies at the highest levels they assure things are done with only the relevant parties and will not discuss it outside of this. They even go as far as changing venues for meeting to assure privacy so don’t expect to see Alfie rocking up at the CFA with photographs leaked.

Prepare for it

I was really into the KDB one it was great fun. This one, because of the participants, I’m not so sure...plus I can’t make sense of the conflicting reports. Really is just the sort of thing City usually keep away from.

I wonder how Dortmund feel in all of this. They are vying for CL place in the league. They have an important CL match against us.
If this circus was happening after the season's end, it would have been a fair deal. And ofcourse would help with the auction.
But right now, in the middle of pandemic, in front of all these cameras.

that's him defo sold then
because of the clause next summer ? its a £65 million buy out clause so end of story if they wait until next summer
i think city have already said we will pay the clause and £30million in addons plus wave the sancho sell on we him on him so city deal is the biggest at the moment and it could be close to £125million in the end

so dortmond would be daft not to sell him this summer

They would be insane not to accept this... they may be twats but they are financially prudent.

I wonder how Dortmund feel in all of this. They are vying for CL place in the league. They have an important CL match against us.
If this circus was happening after the season's end, it would have been a fair deal. And ofcourse would help with the auction.
But right now, in the middle of pandemic, in front of all these cameras.

They should suspend Haaland for the next 4 games.

Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.