Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy your going to love this. Talked to a barca fan thats a massive supporter.

Anyway Laporta has taken out a 250mil loan that will have to be payed back in 3 years. hes also trying to communicate with their sponser Rakuten into a new deal worth 50 mil, Haaland is seen as the new vocal point for Barca since Madrid will sign Mbappe. On the upside for city he thinks that if Haaland signs Messi leaves as his wages are to high

If Barca do raise £250m in loans they are NOT in a position to use it to buy players - they have about £300m due in short term debt - largely payable to other clubs. If Barca are not careful they are heading for a complete transfer ban as they will be defaulting on payments.

Only because our existing goal scoring forwards often misfire.
Like always Pep found a way but a free scoring forward would have battered our goals for total cf chances generated.
I think Aguero leaving is a message to our other forwards as well as Haaland.
I was being a little bit flippant regarding Ings as he is not at the level we need:)

I don't think there's too much to read into here. Of course Alf and Raiola are going to meet with Barca. And Madrid. And PSG, and Chelsea, and United, and every other feasible club in the world. Why wouldn't they? It would be criminal negligence not to! See what they have to offer, negotiate, use that in other negotiations, and source as many "best" offers as you absolutely can. That's how this works.

I'm sure Erling himself even has some level of interest in most of these clubs. What footballer wouldn't?

The fact remains that no other club can offer the financial package (for the player and Dortmund), has a glaring need for a striker in his vein, a strong supporting squad with the ability to win trophies, and a second to none manager, coaching staff, and supporting infrastructure. Oh and the cherry on top is his dad played for the club and he clearly has some level of affinity for us.

His representatives will meet with every club under the sun, very publicly. They will drive a hard bargain. That is their job. But no club makes more sense for Erling then City - on so many levels - and this might be hubris on my part but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't end up here.

I don't think there's too much to read into here. Of course Alf and Raiola are going to meet with Barca. And Madrid. And PSG, and Chelsea, and United, and every other feasible club in the world. Why wouldn't they? It would be criminal negligence not to! See what they have to offer, negotiate, use that in other negotiations, and source as many "best" offers as you absolutely can. That's how this works.

I'm sure Erling himself even has some level of interest in most of these clubs. What footballer wouldn't?

The fact remains that no other club can offer the financial package (for the player and Dortmund), has a glaring need for a striker in his vein, a strong supporting squad with the ability to win trophies, and a second to none manager, coaching staff, and supporting infrastructure. Oh and the cherry on top is his dad played for the club and he clearly has some level of affinity for us.

His representatives will meet with every club under the sun, very publicly. They will drive a hard bargain. That is their job. But no club makes more sense for Erling then City - on so many levels - and this might be hubris on my part but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't end up here.

They did this when he moved to Germany, not sure how many but they visited at least 6 clubs includes some who wouldn’t even be considered as ‘in the running’ for him.

Raiola bringing in the Spanish clubs suggests maybe he may want his client to sit it out until next summer - trigger the buyout clause and pocket a huge signing on fee for him and his client. I just can’t see Madrid or Barca at the table this summer but maybe next year.

I think people need to take a deep breath and calm down. If this was anything serious, they wouldn’t stay in Barcelona for a couple of hours and then run to Madrid and do the same. Not only that, but allow themselves to be photographed on the way. They’re using Barcelona especially, and Laporta knows he has everything to gain from being used so openly.

Don’t. Freak. Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.