Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be pretty pissed as a Dortmund fan watching best player whored across Europe just before a CL quarter.
Yeah me too. Pretty shit that they have 4 of the next generations biggest stars between Haaland, Sancho, Reyna and Bellingham but those players will be sold to subsidize continued operations at the club.

There's no way he's coming to City, we don't conduct business so overtly, think we will leave other clubs to bark, bite and really overspend on him. Far too much baggage, we have to trust the Board and Pep, we'll have a target and back ups just as in the past. Grealish joining Bernie, Gabby, FFS, Razz, Phil, KDB, as the attacking options, false 9 as now but with Grealish adding something different, exciting.
Could look at it another way and all this posturing and movement in Spain yesterday was planned to throw the media off the scent whilst we quietly sit in the background doing our business with them off camera.
In truth no one has a clue what Is going on and we could all sit here to kingdom come debating it but ultimately City's top management are pretty clued up in the business world so think we can trust them to do the right thing for the club.
Only think we can be sure off is we won't see media pictures of Pep meeting Raiola at the airport with his begging bowl out unlike a certain spanish club!

Could look at it another way and all this posturing and movement in Spain yesterday was planned to throw the media off the scent whilst we quietly sit in the background doing our business with them off camera.
In truth no one has a clue what Is going on and we could all sit here to kingdom come debating it but ultimately City's top management are pretty clued up in the business world so think we can trust them to do the right thing for the club.
Only think we can be sure off is we won't see media pictures of Pep meeting Raiola at the airport with his begging bowl out unlike a certain spanish club!

Ultimately I hope today people here overreact a little less and think more rationally.

There is nothing wrong with Haaland’s dad going around listening to the projects clubs have for his son. In fact, he did literally the same “tour” before he sent him to Dortmund. We believe we are the best sporting club, so why do we not have the confidence? We can’t expect him to want one club only before listening to all interested.

Yes it felt like a circus yesterday, but people need to understand the environment in Spain (Madrid and Barcelona). You have A LOT of shows on tv and radio that happen one after the other in an endless number of stations. Each one of those has a bunch of journalists whose “brand” is to have “exclusive” info. What could have been expected after they found out Haaland’s dad and agent were visiting the clubs they cover for a living? Exactly what we got, a shitload of bogus claims. Just a replay of the Messi circus last summer. That is how they operate there. It’s hard to say this, but I don’t blame Raiola or Alf for any of that; they had no control over it once they got photographed at the airport— which I am fairly convinced was by design of Barcelona president J. Laporta. There should be another circus when “the tour” arrives in London, but a lesser, classier one, and they might not even get photographed.

As I said before, I found out that Txiki and Raiola actually get along very well. Alf knows us. The meeting should go down well and what we will present will be strong. We also have the money. We should be confident.

I’m repeating myself here, but this moment for us could be compared to when PSG made big investments in Mbappe and Neymar. They were also known as a wealthy club, but despite that fame, they lacked that major signing. If you look at the list of their biggest transfers, you will see obviously Neymar and Mbappe at the top in terms of how much they cost. However, number three is well below, and it literally was a signing (I forgot who, sorry) that cost the same as our current transfer record. It was a matter of chance. We would have closed a deal with Mbappe back then had he wanted us; we wanted him and were ready to pay what it would take. There hadn’t been a generational talent like that before in which we were in a position to sign and there hasn’t been another one since until now. And here we are again. This could be our moment to make that “leap” in terms of numbers like PSG made with Mbappe.

The fact we are letting him go makes me very suspicious his wages are going to a replacement we have already secured.
The easy choice would be to extend his contract and letting him go means he’s either physically finished and/or we already have a better successor lined up.
I trust our management to know what they’re doing...they’ve not let us down yet.
I like this post. Bang on the nail methinks.

It begins

By the start of next week Ings will be signing that pre contract agreement
Oh what joy that would bring to the Bluemoon forum if we could somehow sign the worlds greatest Striker in Danny Ings. The stars would have truly aligned if that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.