Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree.

In the last few years clubs overplaying their hand has seen them end up with fuck all. Napoli with Koubalily and Crystal Palace with Zaha. While huge money signings like Griezman, Slab head Maguire have been shocking examples of clubs panicking and thinking they must have this footballer and overpaying.

Dortmund had the chance to rinse Woodward last year for sancho but ended up with a player who looked pissed off at the start of the season. I would be amazed if they got anything like the fee they were offered 12 months ago. As for Haaland, they either sell big this year or low next year. If they don't and they go against that agent it will be months of mouthing off in the press.

The other issue is do you want that fuck of an agent in the club? There is a reason why proper managers and clubs steer clear, he is a decisive negative factor in any transfer. I would nearly spend the extra on Kane.

You were doing well until the last sentence ;-)

If Pep is right and we cannot afford Haaland and one would assume therefore Mbappe or Kane, then I cannot understand why we have not just renewed Agueros contract for another season. An easy option especially in this current econmic climate. The man is now getting back to fitness will guarantee goals. We will not get by without a No.9 forever. I hope Pep is wrong otherwise I feel we're being short-sighted IMO.

If Pep is right and we cannot afford Haaland and one would assume therefore Mbappe or Kane, then I cannot understand why we have not just renewed Agueros contract for another season. An easy option especially in this current econmic climate. The man is now getting back to fitness will guarantee goals. We will not get by without a No.9 forever. I hope Pep is wrong otherwise I feel we're being short-sighted IMO.
He didn't say we can't afford Haaland.
He said we can't afford him at the price being quoted.
So drop your price and we'll talk

Kun is gone at the highest level fella, legs have gone.

Pep is reported to have specified that City did not have the money to sign a striker at 150 million and he went on to say that "all the clubs are struggling financially, us as well." This is, of course saying that Haaland will not be sold for 150 million this summer to us - or any other club. It does not rule City out of reaching agreement with Dortmund and Haaland at all.
Haaland might be sold for 150 million if someone decides to pay that much, and I'm pretty sure if we don't someone will. I don't think Pep dictates the price that other clubs might be willing to pay.

Seeing him regularly in training, you have to think that Pep doesn't thinks that Sergio will recover to the level which is required.

Kun can’t play the system Pep demands anymore... he’s still one of the most clinical in world football, even with one leg, however, our whole system is built on conditioning and intensity of the press, it falls short without those variables...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.