Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think Delap is pretty good. If rotation is increasingly important, how
many excellent players can you get for one Haaland? Obviously it would be great to get him...but i don’t think the trade-off is all or nothing, esp in a squad where goals are exceptionally distributed to begin with.

Personally I think Delap is pretty good.

I'll get pelters for this but his minutes this season suggests to me that Pep thoroughly disagrees.

People are talking like Delap will make this sudden jump up from barely being given a look-in since September this season to being a regular squad player next season and I just don't see it at all.

I'll get pelters for this but his minutes this season suggests to me that Pep thoroughly disagrees.

People are talking like Delap will make this sudden jump up from barely being given a look-in since September this season to being a regular squad player next season and I just don't see it at all.

It's not necessarily that. He's been 17 most of the season (very few if any players at that age play regularly for top sides), Pep values seniority and Delap has an aggressive to his game that probably deters Pep from using him more. The quality is there, Foden barely got a look in and then started plenty of games in the following year. We've always been very careful with how we introduce young players.

Can I just ask - because I have never understood this - who gets to decide where a player goes?

Suppose buying club A offers £200m for a player and wages if £200k a week. And club B offers £100m and £400k.

Player says I am off to club B for my £400k deal. Selling club says fuck off we're not tossing £100m down the pan, you're off to club A.

Club C arrives on the scene and offers £150m plus £300k. And an extra £10m for player's agent, who immediately says he's going to club C.

Who wins? Where does he end up going?

BTW, Assuming the player is under contract to selling club.

Can I just ask - because I have never understood this - who gets to decide where a player goes?

Suppose buying club A offers £200m for a player and wages if £200k a week. And club B offers £100m and £400k.

Player says I am off to club B for my £400k deal. Selling club says fuck off we're not tossing £100m down the pan, you're off to club A.

Club C arrives on the scene and offers £150m plus £300k. And an extra £10m for player's agent, who immediately says he's going to club C.

Who wins? Where does he end up going?

BTW, Assuming the player is under contract to selling club.
The player. He or she holds all the cards. It they want to go to a certain club, they can hold the selling club to ransom. Its either sell me, or I run my contract down

The other question I have, having only seen highlight reels of him banging in goals, is does he cover the ground needed when pressing? If not, then is he ever going to be what Pep wants up front?

Pep’s City thrives on rhythm and movement, of ball and players, into and through the space created by that movement. It’s a delicate balance that CANNOT be based around the game of one player.

May we live in interesting times...

Ballsy. You cannot question on here whether he's Pep's kind of player - you'll get slaughtered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.