Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im guessing Chelsea are our only competition for him if this is true then...Livepool may have been but if they fail to get champs league then surely it would be a no go......but there are still the rumours about either salah or Mane leaving....neither look particularly happy at present either.

Is there any competition from the likes of Barca, Madrid, Bayern etc?

He would certainly fit at either of the spannish teams and surely Bayern need a replacement for Lewandonski at some point? Im guessing Barca arent in the race for him as they dont have a pot to piss in, but Madrid always look for those statement galactico signings and Haaland certainly fits that bill.
Im guessing the move to bayern would be harder considering where he is now and dortmund would rather sell to someone else.....

I have thought all along Chelsea and United were the main contenders for us, so United steering away gives me great hope.

I was not aware of the sliding scale buyout of £90m upfront this summer and £68m next year.

That will be great news if true, as Dortmund can't play teams against each other.

Liverpool don't have the cash to get involved, and Dortmund aren't interested in makeweights.

As things stand, we can get him for £75m this summer if we also rescind the Sancho sell on.

All it takes is for Haaland to say yes.

I have thought all along Chelsea and United were the main contenders for us, so United steering away gives me great hope.

I was not aware of the sliding scale buyout of £90m upfront this summer and £68m next year.

That will be great news if true, as Dortmund can't play teams against each other.

Liverpool don't have the cash to get involved, and Dortmund aren't interested in makeweights.

As things stand, we can get him for £75m this summer if we also rescind the Sancho sell on.

He better say yes

If the buy out clause this summer is true then it’s down to the player, his agent and what I think is the most important his dad. Dortmund probably do despise us but if Harland wants us what can they do?

I think what is very encouraging for us, if we started contact with his dad/agent 4 months ago by now the club would know if it’s on or not and if it wasn’t they would have pulled away now and even briefed that we’re not in for him anymore.

All positive so far, but things can change, hopefully they won’t.

Their CEO wasn’t happy when we got cleared by CAS. Summat to do with that
£100m in 1 payment & they won't give to fucks

Everyone else wont have that maybe Chelsea but I honestly think we are in charge

Don't even think Raiola will spout his gob off he will be paid enough & his dad will be running the show

Nothing but whispers & guessing games but anti City journos will be backing utd & Chelsea over City

Don't be surprised to see quotes like we need to strengthen elsewhere or how can City spend that much after 12 months of Covid all just bullshit wagon

Think we all agree now Sergio is going & Jesus will be Haaland back up

Send young Delap on loan & in 2-3 years Delap & Haaland will be City destroyers

If the buy out clause this summer is true then it’s down to the player, his agent and what I think is the most important his dad. Dortmund probably do despise us but if Harland wants us what can they do?

I think what is very encouraging for us, if we started contact with his dad/agent 4 months ago by now the club would know if it’s on or not and if it wasn’t they would have pulled away now and even briefed that we’re not in for him anymore.

All positive so far, but things can change, hopefully they won’t.

Yes, Dortmund has very little leverage here.

Let's again maybe assume there is no buyout this summer, Dortmund can't afford to tell the player he is staying put for another year, when the reality is that next year they would receive £35m less due to his clause.

It's all bravado.

Even if Dortmund are offering preferential payment terms to others, it doesn't really move the needle if Haaland tells Dortmund he is leaving this summer and only wants City.

It is worth mentioning again, it is a perfect storm in so many ways - on and off the pitch - also factoring Sergio and Fern's contractual situation (big wages) and a global financial downturn.

Dortmund can't afford to bluff it out, they can't afford to strong arm the player, they certainly can't afford to kick-start an auction if Haaland has already made his mind up.

Yes, Dortmund has very little leverage here.

Let's again maybe assume there is no buyout this summer, Dortmund can't afford to tell the player he is staying put for another year, when the reality is that next year they would receive £35m less due to his clause.

It's all bravado.

Even if Dortmund are offering preferential payment terms to others, it doesn't really move the needle if Haaland tells Dortmund he is leaving this summer and only wants City.

It is worth mentioning again, it is a perfect storm in so many ways - on and off the pitch - also factoring Sergio and Fern's contractual situation (big wages) and a global financial downturn.

Dortmund can't afford to bluff it out, they can't afford to strong arm the player, they certainly can't afford to kick-start an auction if Haaland has already made his mind up.
Glad to hear it. I assume there’s gonna be lots of talk with not a lot happening until the summer

Glad to hear it. I assume there’s gonna be lots of talk with not a lot happening until the summer
We just need to let the present team focus on their jobs and make this season special like none before.

City are such smooth operators these days when it comes to doing works in advance.

I can well believe Dortmund would rather sell to anyone outside of Germany than us - and will look to make it easier for clubs like United, Chelsea and Madrid to get involved. Helps drive the price up too!

As has been said, Watzke seems to hate our club as much as Bayern. His comments after the CAS ruling were amongst the most bitter, and he seemed unwilling to accept Der Spiegel’s reporting on the issue was anything other than 100% accurate.

He slagged us off after Gundo left (and by recollection, they had to sell at the time as he was into his final year). Gundo only wanted City, but Watzke stuck the boot in and the whole deal was accepted through gritted teeth.

Factor in their clear strategy of targeting our youth set up - with Sancho only one example alongside Denzeil Boadu and Jamie Bynoe-Gittens - it’s pretty clear Dortmund have a thing about our Club.

But as with Gundo - if the player wants City, and we pay the cash, I still believe he’ll be ours.

If the player is equally happy with Madrid or Chelsea though, I can see this being a very difficult deal to make happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.