Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had conceded 1 goal in 8 champions league appearances before facing Dortmund. He created both of their 2 goals despite being provided very little service, also outmuscled Dias and almost scored one himself. And he’s only 20, even younger than Foden. This is a chance to sign a 20yo Harry Kane on steroids who also happens to be a City fan
Bingo

Fucking Tetchy Thursday on here (myself included), you'd think we havnt justnwon a quarter final tie in the CL!

We had conceded 1 goal in 8 champions league appearances against shite teams before facing Dortmund. He created both of their 2 goals despite being provided very little service, and almost scored one himself, some way short of Stuart Dallas who scored twice for 10 man Leeds in a more one sided game. And he’s only 20, even younger than Foden, but much older than Bellingham who upstaged him in both legs! This is a chance to sign a 20yo who may or may not score as prolifically as Harry Kane has consistently in the premier league, in a far lesser team than City, who also happens to have been a fan of whatever team his dad played for.

Could also read as above...and I'm not endorsing Kane.

Last edited:
From the little I’ve seen of him, I hope we do get him.
Some are saying he was so quiet in the two games against us, but what I saw was our whole defensive strategy revolved around cutting off supply to him and with good reason.
The very little he got of the ball he caused panic in our defence each time.
I think his touch and first time ball football would fit in perfectl.

He’s the right age and has an instinct for goal. His movement looks great. It’s natural for him. Pep would make a brilliant player out of him.

That’s my tuppence worth.
Haven’t a clue how much he’d cost. Don’t like his agent. But I’d like to see him in a City jersey.

Wasn't keen on him as I couldn't see him fitting our style but I thought he was good both legs. We put a lot of attention on stopping him and one of our problems in the first leg was the back line dropping off with him too quickly giving loads of room in midfield. He showed good awareness of teammates, can't recall him wasting a ball. Certain games we're desperate for some presence up front and he has that. Doesn't look capable of pressing that effectively but maybe could improve like Aguero did. It seems like these powerful sprinters are the new age in football, with De Bruyne signing new contract it might make sense to go for one rather than false nine type I was expecting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.