Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaya was fantastic, I loved the way he’d charge half the length of the pitch shrugging defenders off then just hoof it into the net.
He was a big strong fast unit, good with his feet but, due to his size, not nimble enough to play the tippy tippy round the box that we play nowadays.
That’s what got me thinking that if we did get Haaland he’d do well in that big strong deep midfielder role that Yaya played.
Less need to press, size & strength to hold the ball up in midfield, speed aplenty to charge into space on the counter and he could amble up top to use his height and guile at the set pieces.
So many similarities, he even has a difficult agent like Yaya did!
IMO it would be a role that suited his skill set but allowed our high press and possession play.

Think he’d want to play striker though.
We have different memories of Yaya then, the Yaya I remembered would very much fit into this team.

I'm obviously misreading the second half of your post because you seem to be suggesting that we buy Haaland and play him as CM to make the most of his talents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.