Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a wild thought.

What if we sign Kane now, Haaland stays at Dortmund for another year, then signs for Bayern next summer...

... before running his contract down and signing for us in his prime, just in time to replace Kane. Two world class strikers and revenge on Bayern for Sane.
Pretty much said the same thing. City can be Haalands subsequent move. If we stay on the same trajectory of success we will be the number one club and buying ready made quality to fill any gaps in the team.
Delap could by then be Kane quality, succession planning.
I’d still like Haaland now tho

It is clear what your point is, I just don’t agree with it at all.

No, I don’t feel being a journalist puts me in any special category, as proven by my limited paychecks. I should have listened to my parents back then and chosen a different profession hehe
“You write what you get given, which is largely nothing unless, as i say, you are delivered a few crumbs.” I have no idea what this even means.
There are definitely people here who claim to have contacts within the club and with players.
That isn’t me. I have never claimed that. I live in Brazil, even if I wanted, I couldn’t build a relationship to get access or scoops from either case.

Again, you seem to ignore what I said. I didn’t say “Pogba was THE protagonist in France’s World Cup win”. If I had said that, you would have been correct. I said he was “SOMEWHAT of A protagonist”. See what’s in capital letters there. I took two chances to minimize his impact, with “somewhat” and then “a protagonist”, not necessarily the one. If your definition of protagonist leads you to believe there can only be one in a movie, a story, an event, it’s imprecise.

Again, you act pretty cynically. You were suggesting before that I had received my view of that event from sympathetic reports and I might not have even seen the games. I responded to tell you that I did more than see the games, it’s as simple as that.
And working behind the scenes, you do get access to things that don’t always make it to the final product. That isn’t to say I saw more of the game than the rest did (different angles, as proven by the advent of VAR, don’t lead to much).

Thank you!

I have been trying to contribute to this forum with different perspectives, analysis, information and correlation. Never claimed to have been perfect. I definitely get things wrong a lot!
Maybe because of a cultural difference, you wonderful people of the UK who share with me the love for the same club, don’t take well some of my comments. I consider myself decently skilled enough with the English language, but something is clearly getting lost in translation. I do not mean to express myself, as I have been privately told before, with condescension and a patronizing tone. As moderators have made it clear to me, part of the blame for reactions like @TCIB’s is on me.
Most of the things I share here I also share with the groups of Brazilian and Argentinian fans I am part of and I never had any sort of issue of this nature. And I now think it will be better to stick to my local circle of fans, or as we are called here sometimes, “plastic international fans”.
The toxicity is just too much, it’s becoming unhealthy, getting too personal, and affecting me in a way it shouldn’t. I did not join this forum to have, months later, people creating fake profiles with the goal of attacking me personally, or ridiculing me.
It is also clear to me that the forum that doesn’t want me around will be better off when I leave. I’ll just start refraining bit by bit, and very soon close down the account for good and just become an observer, especially of the good contributors around here.

I sincerely apologize to those who may have been offended by posts of mine at some point. Whether I meant it or it was a case of linguistic disturbance, it shouldn’t have happened.
Please don’t go mate. Lots of people like myself enjoy reading your posts. We all have our own personal feelings and portray them to the forum in the best way we can.
Everyone on here should respect other people’s posts and if they disagree, then thats healthy in a forum, providing things don’t get personal.
I say to everyone, respect your fellow Blue Mooners and refrain at all times from attacking people for their views and opinions. It destroys the very fabric of a forum in my humble opinion.

I have been trying to contribute to this forum with different perspectives, analysis, information and correlation. Never claimed to have been perfect. I definitely get things wrong a lot!
Maybe because of a cultural difference, you wonderful people of the UK who share with me the love for the same club, don’t take well some of my comments. I consider myself decently skilled enough with the English language, but something is clearly getting lost in translation. I do not mean to express myself, as I have been privately told before, with condescension and a patronizing tone. As moderators have made it clear to me, part of the blame for reactions like @TCIB’s is on me.
Most of the things I share here I also share with the groups of Brazilian and Argentinian fans I am part of and I never had any sort of issue of this nature. And I now think it will be better to stick to my local circle of fans, or as we are called here sometimes, “plastic international fans”.
The toxicity is just too much, it’s becoming unhealthy, getting too personal, and affecting me in a way it shouldn’t. I did not join this forum to have, months later, people creating fake profiles with the goal of attacking me personally, or ridiculing me.
It is also clear to me that the forum that doesn’t want me around will be better off when I leave. I’ll just start refraining bit by bit, and very soon close down the account for good and just become an observer, especially of the good contributors around here.

I sincerely apologize to those who may have been offended by posts of mine at some point. Whether I meant it or it was a case of linguistic disturbance, it shouldn’t have happened.

As someone whose reactions and interactions you had an issue with at some point (even when i agreed with you), I really mean this is in the most well-intended way, in an honest effort of a helpful response to what is a bit of an emotional heart on sleve moment above.

You don't make it easy on yourself pal. Which is perfectly fine, but you can't then let yourself take it to heart. This place has its cynics, its bickerers, devils advocates, philosophers, experts of all sorts, clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, the lot.

Take a moment, let whatever has affected you that way ease off. There is probably a bit of a cultural thing, there is also probably a bit of the old if you can give it, people will assume you can take it bit. And it isn't even a tit for tat type thing, wasnt with me, it is just a tone it sets. I came to think if younare misinterpreting my tone, i must be misunderstanding yours.

I like reading your opinions and observations on things, very valid a lot of the time. I doubt they are the issue that results in these 'clarifications of intent'. It is the fluff around it that does, and honestly it is a distraction. If it helps, most here have probably hone through similar, see billyshears' posts yesterday as an example.

Not making a comment in the slightest on the exchange above or any other interaction with other posters, just my own view on some of the back and forths you and I have had. Take care.

Going to post something that is a bit of a follow-up to a post by @ChicagoBlue in the Kane thread ( https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/harry-kane.346481/post-13829723 )

City and Dortmund haven’t played their last games in the season yet. The summer window is yet to open.

The tide has turned with regards to the perception that Kane is now the favourite to be our striker signing for next season.

However, I would just like to present a theory that maybe, just maybe, the fact that this narrative has stuck the landing so convincingly might actually be good for negotiating with Dortmund.

Let’s assume we were stuck in negotiating a fee with Dortmund. Is there anything better than a player that feels like the obvious second choice to come out and declare his own fee, that fee being much lower than any market estimate would have? And give hints in an interview about wanting to play for us? The interview was recorded six weeks ago according to Tolmie. Now, there were related stories about him wanting to leave immediately followed by stories about us being the preferred destination and already being in negotiations that were released JUST BEFORE clips from that interview leaked. It felt, to me, incredibly coordinated.
It also caught my eye how simplistic Paul Hirst’s story earlier in the week was. “City has moved on to Kane because they think Haaland is too expensive.” Hirst frequently puts out stuff that the club wants out there. His and other stories made sure to point out that Haaland is/was the number one target.
For this kind of stuff to work as a tool of negotiation, it has to feel convincing to everyone. It has to feel convincing even to the ITK’s and the “smart people” here. It can’t be a story in a newspaper that we all would just laugh off as a silly or weak rumor.

I do believe City might have Kane as a serious second choice and might have been holding conversation with his camp for awhile now. But we have also been in conversations with Dortmund and the Haaland camp.
I have already talked about how Txiki and Raiola have a very good relationship. Contrary to what some people here think, these two would work together in negotiating with Dortmund once they got to an agreement. A complex negotiation like this usually takes some cynical moves to work.
I wouldn’t rule out that City may have had something to do with that Kane/Neville interview. Like I said, it could serve their interest perfectly: works in pressuring Dortmund in the negotiation and, were that to fail, it would also work in negotiating with Tottenham. Using Kane like that is totally a Raiola idea that I seriously can see him giving Txiki.

Tottenham has already been putting out their narratives: “we wouldn’t do it for less than 150M“... now they’re up to 200M. Maybe they realize they’re being used in this, too, and are counterattacking.

I know the large majority here will think this is a crazy conspiracy theory, and that is fine with me. But I want to share it and claim credit if I end up being right anyway...
Can't help thinking that you're overthinking that lot, it sounds to me that City have decided the total figures for Haaland are just too big or perhaps he won't commit to a long enough contract given how much we would have to invest. Of course that may be me being overly simplistic.

On an aside, why have people reverted to this narrative that Mino moves all of his players on after 3 seasons when it's patently not true? ( Not aimed at you btw)

It is clear what your point is, I just don’t agree with it at all.

No, I don’t feel being a journalist puts me in any special category, as proven by my limited paychecks. I should have listened to my parents back then and chosen a different profession hehe
“You write what you get given, which is largely nothing unless, as i say, you are delivered a few crumbs.” I have no idea what this even means.
There are definitely people here who claim to have contacts within the club and with players.
That isn’t me. I have never claimed that. I live in Brazil, even if I wanted, I couldn’t build a relationship to get access or scoops from either case.

Again, you seem to ignore what I said. I didn’t say “Pogba was THE protagonist in France’s World Cup win”. If I had said that, you would have been correct. I said he was “SOMEWHAT of A protagonist”. See what’s in capital letters there. I took two chances to minimize his impact, with “somewhat” and then “a protagonist”, not necessarily the one. If your definition of protagonist leads you to believe there can only be one in a movie, a story, an event, it’s imprecise.

Again, you act pretty cynically. You were suggesting before that I had received my view of that event from sympathetic reports and I might not have even seen the games. I responded to tell you that I did more than see the games, it’s as simple as that.
And working behind the scenes, you do get access to things that don’t always make it to the final product. That isn’t to say I saw more of the game than the rest did (different angles, as proven by the advent of VAR, don’t lead to much).

Thank you!

Listen mate don’t you dare stop posting on here, I’ve personally enjoyed all your posts, I love reading your views regarding where your based, all blues together.

Pretty much said the same thing. City can be Haalands subsequent move. If we stay on the same trajectory of success we will be the number one club and buying ready made quality to fill any gaps in the team.
Delap could by then be Kane quality, succession planning.
I’d still like Haaland now tho
Have to admire your belief in a kid who has performed well against other kids many much less physically developed than him. Not sure where you get the confidence from that he can be the one to get us close to 30 goals a season. What is your confidence based on?

Going to post something that is a bit of a follow-up to a post by @ChicagoBlue in the Kane thread ( https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/harry-kane.346481/post-13829723 )

City and Dortmund haven’t played their last games in the season yet. The summer window is yet to open.

The tide has turned with regards to the perception that Kane is now the favourite to be our striker signing for next season.

However, I would just like to present a theory that maybe, just maybe, the fact that this narrative has stuck the landing so convincingly might actually be good for negotiating with Dortmund.

Let’s assume we were stuck in negotiating a fee with Dortmund. Is there anything better than a player that feels like the obvious second choice to come out and declare his own fee, that fee being much lower than any market estimate would have? And give hints in an interview about wanting to play for us? The interview was recorded six weeks ago according to Tolmie. Now, there were related stories about him wanting to leave immediately followed by stories about us being the preferred destination and already being in negotiations that were released JUST BEFORE clips from that interview leaked. It felt, to me, incredibly coordinated.
It also caught my eye how simplistic Paul Hirst’s story earlier in the week was. “City has moved on to Kane because they think Haaland is too expensive.” Hirst frequently puts out stuff that the club wants out there. His and other stories made sure to point out that Haaland is/was the number one target.
For this kind of stuff to work as a tool of negotiation, it has to feel convincing to everyone. It has to feel convincing even to the ITK’s and the “smart people” here. It can’t be a story in a newspaper that we all would just laugh off as a silly or weak rumor.

I do believe City might have Kane as a serious second choice and might have been holding conversation with his camp for awhile now. But we have also been in conversations with Dortmund and the Haaland camp.
I have already talked about how Txiki and Raiola have a very good relationship. Contrary to what some people here think, these two would work together in negotiating with Dortmund once they got to an agreement. A complex negotiation like this usually takes some cynical moves to work.
I wouldn’t rule out that City may have had something to do with that Kane/Neville interview. Like I said, it could serve their interest perfectly: works in pressuring Dortmund in the negotiation and, were that to fail, it would also work in negotiating with Tottenham. Using Kane like that is totally a Raiola idea that I seriously can see him giving Txiki.

Tottenham has already been putting out their narratives: “we wouldn’t do it for less than 150M“... now they’re up to 200M. Maybe they realize they’re being used in this, too, and are counterattacking.

I know the large majority here will think this is a crazy conspiracy theory, and that is fine with me. But I want to share it and claim credit if I end up being right anyway...
No way we are playing kane to this level for the sake of haaland mate. Imo kane for us is almost done unless kane does a sanchez and asks for more wages using united's interest as a bargaining chip.

Have to admire your belief in a kid who has performed well against other kids many much less physically developed than him. Not sure where you get the confidence from that he can be the one to get us close to 30 goals a season. What is your confidence based on?
Sorry you need to re-read my post. where have I said I’m confident about Delap, I have no idea on whether the kid has it or not but, suspect the club may do.
Kane coming in won’t close the door on delap, Haaland I think definitely would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.