Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s more worrying that we’re about to spend £150m on HFK.

I'm wondering if those who feel so strongly this way can see that this reasoning is missing, or massively overlooking key variables?

Isn't this is a bit too simplistic of a way to assess a far more complex situation?

It feels that that whatever City do now - which includes the near certainty of not signing Haaland now and good chance not at all - that loud disappoint and anger will be expressed by the same lot unless maybe we win CL and the PL for my guess is at least the next 2 to 3 seasons.

What evidence? His Agents/Advisors want the release clause so they can trouser a huge signing on fee, I don't think our Management want to deal with his mob, what's your take?
That’s how it works. We pay these fees constantly, one of the clubs that pay them the most, in fact. Calling it a “mob” is pretty pathetically naive.
Are people paying attention to this window and how we’re conducting business?
Did people listen to the news that last summer we offered Messi more than the already obscene amount he’s getting from PSG now?
Saying there will be a financial impediment next summer based on what we have now, simply isn’t rooted in reality.
Certainly it turned out to be true that Dortmund weren’t flexible in the fee they wanted for him (reportedly at least 180M), making it impossible for clubs to reach an agreement with them

I'm wondering if those who feel so strongly this way can see that this reasoning is missing, or massively overlooking key variables?
Paying over £150m for Harry Kane is pretty ridiculous no matter the outcome. If another club were doing it, I would wonder if something shady was behind the deal

Tonight is a perfect reason as to why Guardiola wants Kane. Haaland isn't at the level in terms of being able to drop and link up the play. He's a physical specimen who's obviously clinical, but Kane is a much more rounded footballer. Obviously Haaland is younger, but I do think Kane is far more suited to this team.

Tonight is a perfect reason as to why Guardiola wants Kane. Haaland isn't at the level in terms of being able to drop and link up the play. He's a physical specimen who's obviously clinical, but Kane is a much more rounded footballer. Obviously Haaland is younger, but I do think Kane is far more suited to this team.
He was isolated for most of that game, no real support against the German champions.
If I judged Kane on one game, well we know what would happen.
I doubt Kane would have done much better to be fair.
The flip side of this is his game at the weekend.

I want kane but I thought haaland wasn't as bad as people make him to be tonight
This is the first time he didn’t score against Bayern, even though he did have a goal disallowed.
It’s obvious that Nagelsmann clearly figured Dortmund out and managed to expose them defensively. It’s still a team trying to get a new identity with Rose. The difference in talent between these teams is another proof of why Bayern will walk away with the Bundesliga once again.
Obviously in a game like this, the CF is the one who will suffer the most.
I like the attitude of players who hate losing

He was isolated for most of that game, no real support against the German champions.
If I judged Kane on one game, well we know what would happen.
I doubt Kane would have done much better to be fair.
The flip side of this is his game at the weekend.
Let’s judge Kane vs Lewandowski tonight and vs the past decade and see who comes out on top by a large distance. But they don’t wanna have that discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.