Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Grealish turns out to be a great signing, which, seeing as he’s a great player isn’t beyond the realms of possibility.
Of course the few on here who have already made their minds up on him after less than 20 games will continue to tell everyone else he’s a waste of money.

Grealish was my favourite non City player before we signed him.

He’s absolute quality and we’ll be talking about him the way we talk about Bernardo in the future.

Nearly every player who joins us needs a bedding in period of a full season to get their heads round the intricacies of our system and what Pep demands from each player.

Once he gets that, he’ll be fucking unplayable.

Yep that’s his MO. Run the contract down, hold the club to ransom for a huge pay increase or move him on a free with big agent fees instead.

Still, I’d take the 5 years.

It is not running the contract down, he would be playing during that time.

Last summer that would have been a big risk. Now with the release clause value, not so much.

People who doubt Haaland happening or don't want it due to Raiola or potential high wages need to think what Haaland can actually bring us, if he came here he could shoot us into the stratosphere he might potentially have no reason to leave in the slightest, he has the same winning quality as Yaya did and could win us games on his own, with all due respect to Harry Kane he is absolutely nothing in comparison... I'm gonna say this bold claim now, if Erliing Haaland joins us he will be the most prolific striker English football has seen since Jimmy Greaves, the greatest striker ever to hit these isles and Haaland had 15 or more assists in this whole calendar year by the start of November, his numbers here would only get much better for us as he matures as his link up play is actually quite good, the only reason he has a low pass rate is Dortmund's style of play and the risks they take they're more fast paced in build up than we're and depend on fast attacks.

When I say he has the potential to be the most prolific striker since Jimmy Greaves I'm not sure many understand quite how good he was, he was supremely special player he had nearly twice as many league goals by Kane's age and that was while battling alcoholism for a few years and a loss of desire to play, he was finished at Kane's age because of his mental health issues and the lack of help for it back then, if Greaves had that help and the proper end to his career he should've had he could easily have scored 650+ career goals at least, he'd also have been England's record scorer very easily some say he wasn't the same post 1965 and Alf Ramsey saw it right away, that's when his alcoholism and mental health problems started at 24-25 and he still scored 357 top flight goals, Erling Haaland can make everyone else since Jimmy Greaves look very ordinary goals wise and we'd be extremely stupid not doing all we can to get him.

Harry Kane is a very poor solution wreaks of van Persie to the rags and I seriously doubt his numbers would improve for us as some here believe, signing Erling Haaland could potentially mean as much to us as Real Madrid in the 50s signing Puskas or Di Stefano in terms of what they both brought to Real Madrid, without one or the other they wouldn't have been quite as dominant, if Barcelona signed Di Stefano which they originally did before Real swooped in and did a Chelsea with John Obi Mikel on the rags, they wouldn't have won as much not a chance and the only reason Di Stefano ended up at Real Madrid permanently, is both clubs were meant to have Di Stefano for alternating years due to how controversial the transfer was, before Barca agreed to permanently sell their share in him unhappy at that decision ensuring Real Madrid's dominance, Haaland could have that effect for us that Di Stefano's move had for Real we already have all but one jigsaw piece, Erling for me is honestly the very last one to bring us total dominance over everyone else in England and possibly beyond, we must sign him no matter what or at least do all we can no half measures, c'mon and get it done Txiki Khaldoon and Pep or at least go all out and try, there's no striker or forward in world football who should take priority ahead of him.

Last edited:
I think you can safely say "there is NO competition for the Bundesliga".

It really is a one horse race Gus, yes there is some great none Bayern players in the league, but Bayern have the next 5 years sewn up.

I think the point that Gus is making is that competition is one concept but not the only one which needs to be considered. The other is quality which has a vital role. The only season in recent years in which the PL has been genuinely competitive was 2018-19 and there were only two competitors. Last season City were 12 points clear, Liverpool won by 18 points in '18-19, City by 19 in '17-18 and so on. This is rather less open than La Liga has been! But competition for the top four has gone right to the wire and teams firmly placed there previously have fallen from grace. Yet I think it's arguable that the quality of the teams in PL is better than ever. La Liga, dominated by two clubs , and then 3, Has dominated the Europa league.

I think the point that Gus is making is that competition is one concept but not the only one which needs to be considered. The other is quality which has a vital role. The only season in recent years in which the PL has been genuinely competitive was 2018-19 and there were only two competitors. Last season City were 12 points clear, Liverpool won by 18 points in '18-19, City by 19 in '17-18 and so on. This is rather less open than La Liga has been! But competition for the top four has gone right to the wire and teams firmly placed there previously have fallen from grace. Yet I think it's arguable that the quality of the teams in PL is better than ever. La Liga, dominated by two clubs , and then 3, Has dominated the Europa league.
At the start of the season two or three teams have a decent chance of winning the prem, but in Germany only one team will win the Bundesliga. That's is about as much as I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.