Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’d work. Most things would with Pep and Haaland, given his record.

I don’t think Mahrez continually cutting back would suit Haaland much though.

Having said that, we may cross more if we knew it resulted in more goals.
I'd strangle Mahrez as a forward, waiting for a cross. So annoying to play up front with.

that sounds like PR speak to me...

If we dont land him we lose out on getting a generational talent...end of....

It wont be the end of the world but if he was to go to another prem club then (esp one of Chelsea or Liverpool) then it just improves either of those two teams immensely ..

You don't lose what you could never have, so that would be City's informed decision.

There is absolutely zero chance of Liverpool or Chelsea being able to afford Haaland.

Liverpool are scraping the pennies together to keep Salah and Chelsea are not going to buy another No.9 when they spent £98m on Lukaku five months ago.

Especially so, when they tried to sign Haaland first and discovered they could not afford his package.

So are you saying that Toure was saying telling his agent to say stuff then basically changed his mind and told him to shut up....?

I beleive while i get what you are saying about the cash cows, people like Raiola and a few others are pretty much laws unto themselves...look what Raiola said about Pep previously.....some of that while supporting his client (Ibrahimovic at the time??) also sounded very personal.

Yes, that's what I am saying.

Toure was a lying prick, with an ego to match. Seluk was his proxy.

Raiola's own comments about Pep were an extension of Ibrahimovic's thoughts, as the player himself displayed in his book.

Only for the reason is that they will spend the money...based on nothing else......

On footballing basis it would seem that (even without blue tinted specs) we are clearly his best option...but those others ...Utd and Chelsea esp, have shown in the past that they will go and put more money on the table to get what they want...they did it with Sanchez and Maguire both who could have ended up with us.
I also said in my post he wouldnt go to a team without CL....ie utd are the ones there....Liverpool and Chelsea unless something goes spectacularly wrong will get CL

We only broke the transfer record because of a buy out clause in a legally binding contract...we dont do it to outbid other teams....huge difference.

We outbid PSG for Kev.

48 hours prior to his signing, he had one foot in Paris.

He wanted to be closer to home for personal reasons but City went the extra yard.

We wouldn't be losing out, we would be walking away.

An important distinction.

Haaland would be the one losing out from a footballing ambition perspective.

Madrid are the pinnacle of football, I am not sure how Haaland joining them will be a loss or lack of ambition.

Anyway, if he join City that will be nice if not City are top of the league without any striker.

Madrid are the pinnacle of football, I am not sure how Haaland joining them will be a loss or lack of ambition.

Anyway, if he join City that will be nice if not City are top of the league without any striker.

Well City are currently the pinnacle of football, but I know what you are saying.

People don't factor in that a player of elite standing can get paid well anywhere.

They also factor in the lifestyle factor, the weather, historical prestige, the culture, etc.

Manchester has City and that's about it for me, personally.

It's why I marvel at some people like Sergio, Dave and Pep, they stick around despite the obvious ability to work anywhere.

They develop a love, but you still have to get them in the door first.

The main thing in City's favour is his age. From a footballing ambition, he can do five years with us and still get his move to Spain when he hits his peak years, if that is indeed where he wants to play.

No losers in that regards. I've said before, six year contract, spread the cost, an agreement to extend or sell in year five.

We easily get our money back and some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.