Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
You‘re not the only one.
What surprised me the most is that he actually made the caramel himself. I guess this and the comment from Dortmund are the opening acts of the Haaland circus. Fun, and, hopefully, it ends with Haaland sitting next to Txiki.

We had two very clear chances created today that spring to mind, 2 excellent bits of play with the crosses begging to be put away, as great as we are chances like those need a striker with a nose for goal, that's the difference between a very comfortable match and a match that could go either way, we need a goal scorer that also links the play like our system requires

I believe there was much more to that post than him showing us his tasty caramels
Haaland absolutely does these things on purpose. (Here are a few instances that I remember off hand, not meant to be a comprehensive list)
  • Walked around the City badge every time he went past it during the CL QF visit to the Etihad.
  • When walking out the tunnel said something like "it's beautiful isn't it" to Bellingham. (This one was really over the top IMO)
  • Carried around the sky blue backpack constantly during the same trip.
  • Yesterday had the City game in the background for an Instagram post.
They're all calculated events and not just Erling being a free spirit exploring the studio space. In the grand scheme of things I don't think they hint at a final decision of where he's going, rather they just want it clear to everyone City is on his short list. We'll see what they were really up to at some point, (hopefully soon ffs). Either they're a prelude to him actually coming here or just an attempt to jack up the agent fees and wages elsewhere.

Also Jan Sage Fjortoft is as close to Haaland's official unofficial spokesman as there is in the media. That interview they did was definitely planned beforehand and didn't look at all as being a surprise to Erling whatsoever. Anytime "Team Haaland" ( as Jan always refers to him) wants to get something out there or squash a rumor, Jan's usually there doing his part.

Yes. But than again if we who’ve played with a no 9, we wouldn’t have created more chances.
Who knows? For the majority Foden was attempting and failing to play as a striker. Yes he dropped deep at times but nothing could stick when played up to him. Put a beast like Haaland there and suddenly the likes of Foden and Sterling have someone to make runs off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.