Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. He's a big boy. Wants to play for the club with 13 UCLs, that's his decision.

We'll move, regardless, but I'd certainly think he'd made a mistake.
What does 13 UCLs have to do with him...nothing...at this moment in time they aren't a pimple on City's ass...he can do whatever he wants but Real's CL history would be a pretty bizarre reason to base one's future on...

The products are no longer called Uncle Bens.

They decided to change the name to just Ben after frequent accusations of racism against Uncle Ben’s logo – an illustration of a black rice farmer – and name. In plantation-era US, white people in the southern states would often refer to a black man as ‘uncle’ to avoid using the more respectful ‘mister’.
Last summer, Mars announced it would “evolve” the brand, in light of Black Lives Matter protests following the murder of George Floyd
I'm not too sure how it affects us but the name change was seemingly a big thing in the states.

There are other examples of name changes with the same objective as the Uncle Ben one.

Country band Dixie Chicks changed their name to The Chicks, to help highlight racial inequality in the US. "Dixie" was often used as a nickname for the southern states that made up the Confederate States of America during the US Civil War era

The country band formerly known as Lady Antebellum changed its name to Lady A over concerns that the old name was racist . You might recall the song "Need you now" which won a Grammy for sing of the year. Antebellum means before a war and the term has been widely associated with the pre-Civil War period in the United States when slavery was practiced.
The band abbreviated the name to "Lady A" in June 2020 during the George Floyd protests in an attempt to blunt the name's associations with slavery

I grew up with Captain Bird's-eye with the big white beard and was OK for me then and now.
Even over here, they have changed the name of Coon cheese to Cheer cheese, people aren't happy. I won't be surprised if they turn their attention to the Golden Gaytime iced lolly next.

But that's what I mean, even though logically City is by far the best move, he'd be sacrificing his sporting interests to reject us. Very rarely does that happen.

What does 13 UCLs have to do with him...nothing...at this moment in time they aren't a pimple on City's ass...he can do whatever he wants but Real's CL history would be a pretty bizarre reason to base one's future on...

What planet are you two on? Since Pep's been at City, Real have as good a trophy haul as us. With Mbappé and Haaland they'd be favourites to win everything every season.

You cannot argue that he's giving up sporting interests if he goes to Madrid.

What planet are you two on? Since Pep's been at City, Real have as good a trophy haul as us. With Mbappé and Haaland they'd be favourites to win everything every season.

You cannot argue that he's giving up sporting interests if he goes to Madrid.

It's not about the trophy haul, it's about the lack of room at Madrid. His sporting interests should be that he's the main star of a competitive team.

Spanish outlet AS reports that City's £500,000-per-week offer to Haaland was knocked back as he awaits to hear from the Liga leaders.

Surely, this is just random figures plucked out of the air by journalists? Sorry if late to the party, just read this morning.

It's not about the trophy haul, it's about the lack of room at Madrid. His sporting interests should be that he's the main star of a competitive team.

But whichever way you want to cut it, if you take the blue tinted specs off then I think it's pretty hard to argue that he'd be sacrificing his sporting interests in joining Real Madrid.

Either would be a great move for him. Obviously, we'd be greater but that should always go without saying.

But whichever way you want to cut it, if you take the blue tinted specs off then I think it's pretty hard to argue that he'd be sacrificing his sporting interests in joining Real Madrid.

Either would be a great move for him. Obviously, we'd be greater but that should always go without saying.

I just don't see Madrid as a great move for him nor a logical one. Every great player always wants to be the face of a club. Playing in an unbalanced attack in a team that clearly has fundamental weaknesses in midfield and defence doesn't make sense.

Found this interesting thread on Twitter. I don’t agree with everything they say but it does highlight my biggest concerns re haaland. I just don’t think he fits the way we play and like lukaku at Chelsea he may actually hamper us as a team.

Found this interesting thread on Twitter. I don’t agree with everything they say but it does highlight my biggest concerns re haaland. I just don’t think he fits the way we play and like lukaku at Chelsea he may actually hamper us as a team.

Have faith in Pep adapting to Haaland being in the team. I imagine our tactics next year won't look anything like this year's. I'm wondering if we're going to go back to having 2 fast wingers to help us counter quicker, similar to when we had Sterling and Sane. This would also compliment Haalands pace and power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.